TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Canadian French now available in latest FW update !

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jeeps17, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. wayner

wayner Active Member

Isn't that pronounced "Dorchester Boulevard"?

• Like x 2
  2. wayner

wayner Active Member

The heated steering wheel has been part of the cold weather package for over three years. But the heated steering wheel setting switches to off whenever the car is turned on. So every time you start the car you have to turn it on. I (and many others) would prefer that once turned on it stays on until you explicitly turn it off - just like the front seat heaters. Turn it on in November and it stays on until you turn it off in April.

• Informative x 1
  3. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

Note that this FW update applies to Models S and X.

I do not see this as any indication that there will be a heated steering wheel on the Model 3 (although I sincerely wish there is one).

4. fsch

fsch Member

It depends on which part of the Boulevard you are. If you are in Westmount, which was named Côte-St-Antoine before they rename it, it is still Dorchester Boulevard. ;)

• Love x 1
  5. Webeevdrivers

Webeevdrivers Member

rv
    Sigh. So still no confirmation. Well they have a couple years to sort it out before we are in the buying mode but I don’t think Ángela will go for it without the heated steering wheel.

6. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

I grew up with the metric system. I remember Grade 1, before it was implemented, comparing inches to centimetres. That was the last time I took Imperial until I took pharmacy calculations.

20 grains per scruple

3 scruples per dram

8 drams per oz.

12 oz. per pound (apothecary)

16 oz. per pound (Avoirdupois)

1 minimum per drop

60 minimum per fluid dram

8 fluid drams per fluid oz.

20 fluid oz. per pint

2 pints per quart

2 quarts per winchester.

2 winchester per gallon.

Feh! F that fuss and bother! Give me good ol' base ten any day! It's so much easier.

When I was in the Canadian army I learned how to swear fluently in two different languages ;)

• Funny x 3
    • Informative x 1
  7. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Active Member

Yes!

8. Drone Flyer

Everyone speaks a little French after having floored the accelerator pedal!

• Funny x 5
  9. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but despite not being in the release notes there's a major comfort and convenience feature in this update---the rear-defroster turns on when you activate the heat remotely.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  10. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

Really? I don’t see that. The heat from the front eventually defrosts the rear window on mine, but it takes a while.

11. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Yes, I have an S, so no vents in the back. If I leave the heat on forever, the snow might melt in the back, but the melting will be much more advanced over the pano roof. Now, the snow melts on the rear window first. If you have a six or seven seat X there are rear vents to help with the rear window, so you might not notice the update as easily.
    The update to the app today displays the rear-defrost being on (though you have no independant control of it as is the case with the battery heater.)

12. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

I have the update and just saw this from the App.

This is new, isn't it? Maybe I haven't noticed it before...

Screenshot_20180211-123007.png

• Like x 1
  13. Drone Flyer

Yep, never saw this before either!

14. wayner

wayner Active Member

Yes it does, as does the steering wheel heater. The only thing missing is the seat heater.

15. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

According to the notes on the app update, it DOES flick on the seat, wheel and washer heaters as well as the defrosters front and rear during preconditioning.
    Not as good as having direct control of each, but it should do the job. I do wonder how this will work with camper mode. Will it kick them in when the exterior temp drops, or will we need to stop and restart climate control to kick them on?

16. wayner

wayner Active Member

In my experience everything is warm except the seat heater, but someone else mentioned that they are weight activated some how?

On a (perhaps) related note - I swear that my climate is switching on randomly in the middle of the night - has anyone else seen this? I have turned off automatic preconditioning to see if that is the issue.

17. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Sacre bleu! How does this all relate to the original Topic?

18. wayner

wayner Active Member

The latest software update added Canadian French and changed the functionality for some of the heating functions - so it is kind of related.

19. Drone Flyer

The random heating would be good for "Starman" in Elon's Tesla!

20. sauce

sauce Member

@wayner I suspect having this happen to me a few times as well.

I much less appreciate the car doing a full range charge this weekend despite remembering clearly having programmed it in car for a STD charge, but it seems either the Tesla app or the Dashboard overruled it.

The car sat for 12hrs at 100%.