Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian invites coming!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I predict that once we get past this Q1 deadline and Tesla announces mediocre production numbers that miss their targets (1,500 / week?), they'll begin shipping to Canada to limit the US volume so as to extend the rebate for US buyers while pumping out cars and adding much-needed operational income. They already sell Ss and Xs here, so I can't imagine there's an inordinate amount of paperwork and / or processes to add / implement.

Sooo, any guesses when we see the first Canadian invite? I'll start:

April 20th

The consensus seems to be that it's imminent, so I'll go with July 1st too. Honestly, I would think that was fantastic! You hang around these forums long enough and you learn that what everyone thinks, tends to be too good by half to actually come true.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
I guess it depends on what you set as your chosen configuration. I set AWD and big battery so I can't see myself being invited before next year, and I'm fine with that. I can't imagine wrestling with an electric car that is RWD with all that torque. Would be a shame not to put the power down. The Model 3 big battery RWD still rips to 60 mph in 4.6-4.9 seconds. AWD 75 battery will surely be more like 4.2.