Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not impressed by Tesla so far, was promised a call back today as I had some questions in regards to the insurance, my pick up is for Monday and so far no email with what to bring and I’ve left 3 messages for the pick up center in Surrey. Was originally scheduled to pick up from Vancouver where I live. Tesla needs to get their act together, really hope this isn’t a preview of what’s to come in regards to having the car serviced

I’m not impressed by Tesla so far, was promised a call back today as I had some questions in regards to the insurance, my pick up is for Monday and so far no email with what to bring and I’ve left 3 messages for the pick up center in Surrey. Was originally scheduled to pick up from Vancouver where I live. Tesla needs to get their act together, really hope this isn’t a preview of what’s to come in regards to having the car serviced
My SA emailed me right after I placed my order with everything I need to do before delivery and also what to bring with me on delivery day.

Reactions: gforce2002
My SA emailed me right after I placed my order with everything I need to do before delivery and also what to bring with me on delivery day.
I'll be coming over to Vancouver to pick up my M3 SR+ when it arrives. Could you share the info your SA provided as to what to do before delivery and what to bring? Based on a previous vehicle purchase I assume Tesla arranges for an ICBC insurance agent to be available at the pickup location. Is there anything else to be aware of? Thanks.

Ordered M3 SR+ on 30 May. Initially, delivery was listed as 4-12 weeks. Then yesterday changed to 14-30 June. SA says end of Aug to Sep.... not sure what to believe. We have a vehicle to sell privately so don't want to be without a 2nd car for 3 months!

I'll be coming over to Vancouver to pick up my M3 SR+ when it arrives. Could you share the info your SA provided as to what to do before delivery and what to bring? Based on a previous vehicle purchase I assume Tesla arranges for an ICBC insurance agent to be available at the pickup location. Is there anything else to be aware of? Thanks.
Here's the part of his first email pertaining to delivery checklist:

On your delivery date you will pick your vehicle up at your assigned delivery center. Your appointment will consist of about 10 minutes of paperwork and an opportunity to look over your new Tesla before the real fun begins on the open road. Below you will find the steps necessary to feel comfortable operating your vehicle and ensuring a smooth delivery process.

PRE-DELIVERY CHECKLIST

• Complete your delivery checklist within your Tesla Account. This requires you to select your delivery center location, registration, trade-in information, as well as the different payment options.
  • Download your Tesla Mobile App. This can be found on the Apple App Store or on Google Play Store for Android. For safety reasons, while your Tesla is at the factory or in transit to the delivery center, the mobile app will not connect to your car until fifteen minutes before taking delivery.
  • Finalize your home charging solution. You can find more information on this in our previous home charging email or by visiting our Home Charging Support Page.
  • Order your accessories…
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO TAKE DELIVERY:

• All people listed on the registration must be present to sign at delivery
  • The Driver’s Licenses for those that are on the registration
  • Copy of current auto insurance
  • Void cheque
  • Final payment (bank draft, certified cheque) make cheque to “Tesla Motors Canada ULC”
  • Title, registration, license plates and keys for your trade-in
  • Also please remember to have your Tesla Account login credentials (username and password)

Reactions: sokhangoo
Ordered M3 SR+ on 30 May. Initially, delivery was listed as 4-12 weeks. Then yesterday changed to 14-30 June. SA says end of Aug to Sep.... not sure what to believe. We have a vehicle to sell privately so don't want to be without a 2nd car for 3 months!
Same here. I ordered 18 May. The date have been charging daily.

Sunday: 5-20 Jun
Monday: 7-29 Jun
Tuesday 6- 29 Jun
Wednesday 8-29 Jun
Today 10-29

M3 SR+ White/Black 18 inch no FSD

I am hoping to get it this month.

Tuesday 6- 29 Jun
Wednesday 8-29 Jun
Today 10-29

Pretty much same boat, I also have a car to sell. Ordered on May 26. M3 SR+, Midnight Silver, stock everything else. SA told me aug/sept.

Currently showing June 9 - 29.

Tuesday 6- 29 Jun
Wednesday 8-29 Jun
Today 10-29

I'm honestly so surprised that you have an EDD in June when you order pretty late in Q2. I ordered the same config ordered on May 2nd and had an EDD in June but now says 8-12 weeks... Tesla's hating on me apparently.

Mostly speculation here, but the fact that the ordering page lists the SR+ as 8-12 weeks for new orders vs. 2-11 weeks for the AWD models seems to indicate that the SR+ production run is closed for the quarter. There will be a few inventory card because of cancelled orders or configurations that were not matched, but other than that, it's going to be August.

It looks like depending on the configuration, there might be a chance to sneak a LR or P order in for delivery this quarter. Based on a flyover video of Fremont posted to YouTube yesterday, it looks like Tesla is ramping up the production of Model S however, which probably means fewer 3s and Ys are being built at this point.

I also see on the inventory tracker that Tesla is liquidating the demo cars at many of their locations. Could be an option if that's of interest. Most are listed with FSD, but I hear that they will remove it on a demo car if it's not wanted.
I might just go this route instead if they have a config I like. Small discount and you probably get you lumbar support and radar still in the cars (or at least you can check rather than roll the dice on delivery day).

Mostly speculation here, but the fact that the ordering page lists the SR+ as 8-12 weeks for new orders vs. 2-11 weeks for the AWD models seems to indicate that the SR+ production run is closed for the quarter. There will be a few inventory card because of cancelled orders or configurations that were not matched, but other than that, it's going to be August.

It looks like depending on the configuration, there might be a chance to sneak a LR or P order in for delivery this quarter. Based on a flyover video of Fremont posted to YouTube yesterday, it looks like Tesla is ramping up the production of Model S however, which probably means fewer 3s and Ys are being built at this point.

In that case, any possibility M3 SR+ produced for next quarter (July-Sep delivery) get LFP battery? It'd be nice to charge to 100% every time.
Ordered M3 SR+ on June 2nd with EDD of July 19 - Aug 08