Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Toronto, you ordered on Sept 2 for a Blue SR+ and already got delivery scheduled for end of this month??

If so I need to grill my SA then. I ordered a month ahead of you and it's now showing March 2022!!
Sorry - I did not specify. My 2nd one that is coming (Blue exterior) is a LR. My first (white exterior) is a SR+ which I got after 2 months of wait, in Aug2021.

I could learn to love a Red M3LAWD if the right one comes along.
This one too, which is a demo vehicle, with upgraded 19" rims Inventory | Tesla
Thanks @JJHawk. Just pulled the trigger on this one. Went to Sherway Gardens and told them I wanted it but someone beat me to it. Then called my SA and had him lock the Oakville one and pulled the trigger on that one. The Oakville one seemed to have better fit too although it seemed that several folks had already tracked street schmutz in there. No worries, they will detail it anyway.

I could learn to love a Red M3LAWD if the right one comes along.

Thanks @JJHawk. Just pulled the trigger on this one. Went to Sherway Gardens and told them I wanted it but someone beat me to it. Then called my SA and had him lock the Oakville one and pulled the trigger on that one. The Oakville one seemed to have better fit too although it seemed that several folks had already tracked street schmutz in there. No worries, they will detail it anyway.
Nice, congrats!

Hi,

Does year of manufacture matter for a Tesla ? I happen to have an EDD of November 2021, should I try to postpone my delivery by 2 months and take delivery in January ? I care about re-sale value because I intend to sell it in 2 years.

I read in some portals that the 10th digit of VIN indicates model year/year of manufacture. So I suppose any vehicle manufactured after Jan 1st, 2022 only will be considered as 2022 vehicle, am I right ? Or, do they put the 2022 model year earlier itself (say Oct-Nov etc.)

Hi,

Does year of manufacture matter for a Tesla ? I happen to have an EDD of November 2021, should I try to postpone my delivery by 2 months and take delivery in January ? I care about re-sale value because I intend to sell it in 2 years.

I read in some portals that the 10th digit of VIN indicates model year/year of manufacture. So I suppose any vehicle manufactured after Jan 1st, 2022 only will be considered as 2022 vehicle, am I right ? Or, do they put the 2022 model year earlier itself (say Oct-Nov etc.)
It is a very good question honestly.

So on the surface, the answer is not really. This is because Tesla is unlike other car manufacturers. Established manufacturers usually only puts in big changes at the start of a model year, so you see a cycle of older models start to get discounted to make room for new ones coming. Tesla on the other hand, doesn't do this at all, and introduces new items whenever it sees a need to, or wants to. Frequently in the past year you have seen substantial changes to the models "in-between" years (losing radar in M3 / MY, center console changes, door wood trim inclusion etc).

However, when you think about it in a more general way, others not so accustomed will think along the lines of the normal stuff, which means that they will want a newer "model year".

IMHO, get the car when you want to / need to. Only you can decide what factors play into it. We are not talking about 100k+ cars here in this thread, so no need to worry about luxury tax that may or may not come, but then also no one knows if EV incentives will go away at some time (look what happened in Ontario all of a sudden a few years ago). I will say that there are lots of reports of folks saying that Tesla depreciate much less than ICE cars, and that isn't just talking about the bonkers resell market right now.

I ordered an M3 SR+ on Aug 6th. As of a few days ago, the delivery estimate was Oct 31st until the end of Nov. I checked today and the delivery estimate was gone. Hopefully that is just because my trade-in offer expired (Aug 12th is when those details were entered) and they have asked that I re-enter the latest mileage. I've re-entered it, so we'll see if this message disappears soon:
View attachment 710237

The Estimated Delivery is now appearing, but it is just saying March (which I think is more or less the back of the line). I've reached out to my "Tesla Advisor" to get it sorted out. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi,

Tesla changes the Model Year in October so every car MANUFACTURED after 01.10.21 will be MY 2022 you should also see it in the VIN as well as it will change from M to N.

Again Manufactured cars doesnt matter if you get some delivered in October as it still could come from the Lots etc.

Thought I'd never see this page again.... but here I am unfortunately. I got into an accident with my 2 month old M3 SR+ (100% not at fault) and it was written off, so now I'm planning on buying another.

It took 95 days to get my "old" one and I'm hoping the delivery dates aren't as bad; however, I am seeing March 2022 from older posts and hoping that is not the case. How bad are the waits now a days?

Thought I'd never see this page again.... but here I am unfortunately. I got into an accident with my 2 month old M3 SR+ (100% not at fault) and it was written off, so now I'm planning on buying another.

It took 95 days to get my "old" one and I'm hoping the delivery dates aren't as bad; however, I am seeing March 2022 from older posts and hoping that is not the case. How bad are the waits now a days?
First of all, HOPING NO ONE GIT INJURED. Check current inventory in your postal code. They are coming up on end-of-quarter so they need to flip everything.

Reactions: Vawlkus
First of all, HOPING NO ONE GIT INJURED. Check current inventory in your postal code. They are coming up on end-of-quarter so they need to flip everything.
Thanks! No one was seriously injured, a few weeks of rest did the trick. Happened back in the end of August.

All of the cars currently on the Tesla new/used inventory for Vancouver as the location are LRs and I'm interested in the SR+. Weird thing is it looks like they removed the SR+ on the search list filter.

Is there still a chance an SR+ will show up?

Thanks! No one was seriously injured, a few weeks of rest did the trick. Happened back in the end of August.

All of the cars currently on the Tesla new/used inventory for Vancouver as the location are LRs and I'm interested in the SR+. Weird thing is it looks like they removed the SR+ on the search list filter.

Is there still a chance an SR+ will show up?
There's always a chance. I would "lean" on your SA. Mine was ah-mazing!

Reactions: Ryakal
The Estimated Delivery is now appearing, but it is just saying March (which I think is more or less the back of the line). I've reached out to my "Tesla Advisor" to get it sorted out. Has this happened to anyone else?
Ordered early Sept, was scheduled at first to be Dec - January but then swapped to November, then as of last week just disappeared. No changes made to my account or anything... now I'm paranoid that if it reappears it will be March, or that once I make the switch from cash -> finance it resets and puts me back to the end of the queue...

Ordered early Sept, was scheduled at first to be Dec - January but then swapped to November, then as of last week just disappeared. No changes made to my account or anything... now I'm paranoid that if it reappears it will be March, or that once I make the switch from cash -> finance it resets and puts me back to the end of the queue...
Now mine is back to showing no date again, so it looks like things are still in flux.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, I have ordered my M3 SR+ on July 20th, Metallic Silver, Expected delivery showing as Oct 7-Oct 27.
When initially I ordered my delivery date was Sep 7-Sep27, but got disappeared for almost 2 weeks and I got paranoid and start sending emails and calling my SA, later since 3rd week of Aug it's a stable date which I mentioned above.

Was wondering if anyone have ordered or having delivery on/about similar dates. I have ordered from Vancouver and getting super excited as the delivery date comes near. Meanwhile have ordered few accessories by watching 999th video on YouTube.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, I have ordered my M3 SR+ on July 20th, Metallic Silver, Expected delivery showing as Oct 7-Oct 27.
When initially I ordered my delivery date was Sep 7-Sep27, but got disappeared for almost 2 weeks and I got paranoid and start sending emails and calling my SA, later since 3rd week of Aug it's a stable date which I mentioned above.

Was wondering if anyone have ordered or having delivery on/about similar dates. I have ordered from Vancouver and getting super excited as the delivery date comes near. Meanwhile have ordered few accessories by watching 999th video on YouTube.
I just called my local sales center where I had made my purchase through. He said they are getting lots of calls on this as it is happening to many people. Essentially, there is nothing to worry about, our place in line has not been lost. He was saying that it is near the end of quarter, so they are trying to get as many cars delivered over the next week or so to end the quarter strong. So, whatever planning adjustments they are making in their systems is just throwing off some delivery estimates. Long story short, once we are into the first week of October, our estimated delivery dates should return to normal and be a little more reliable. So, let's take our chill pill and check on this a little later.