Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD updated to Oct 10-22
You should get the VIN number anytime that EDD window
1f91e.png

LR Blue Exterior / Black Interior, Ordered Sept 3.

I wish everyone good luck once again, as I exit this thread (will still try to chime in to answer questions) once again as I took delivery of my 2nd Model 3 today.

It's pouring rain out so I didn't get a good look at the exterior, though the fit of panels etc is fine and the interior is ok (some areas whose plastic wrap didn't come all off so I will need to grab a bottle of cleaner and a towel to scrub it off). Will try to wash the car in the next day or two inside the garage so that I can get a good look at the outside finish.

I needed TPMS for upcoming winter wheels, and I have been trying to call ahead into service/parts but no one picks up and the voice mail is full. So when I picked up the car today I just asked my SA (always a top guy) to go to the back and pick me up some. I didn't even have to "swipe" my credit card, as he just charged my account's default payment card lol.
So as a follow up it has been 2 weeks since I got my 2nd Model 3, which is a Blue LR.

From the exterior paint perspective it was very good, and did not see an issue from this part.

Exterior fit and finish was not as good as my first Model 3, and I can only speculate if the end of quarter rush in late September contributed to this. The issues that I had were:
a) The passenger door mirror had a trim not flush on the bottom, so for a few days I heard a whistling wind noise from there, until I investigated via a thread in this forum and found the issue. Hit the bottom of the mirror enclosure with my hand to pop it in, and this was the fix.
b) As part of deliveries in Canada, they now install at the delivery location the front mud guards (behind the front wheels). As part of my exterior inspection when it stopped raining, I saw that there were trim pieces at the mud guard installation that was not flush with the bottom of the car chassis (where the battery starts). I noted this as an item to fix for my service appointment.

Other than the interior aforementioned item about plastic wrap not 100% removed (ie stuck on) to specific trim pieces, there was 1 additional issue
c) A trim piece to below the steering wheel was not flush, and the clips that are supposed to hold it in place was not working. Noted for service appointment to fix.

I thus made a service appointment at the same location (as that is the closest service center to me in Vaughan). While I noted the interior trim issue as the item to fix, I only subsequently to making and approving the estimate, found the mud guard issue. I tried to add that in, and while it did, I had to move my appointment to another day (which again fastest was 1 week out). I guess I could have called to add that in, but I didn't wanna bother and I didn't mind moving my appointment.

As for the appointment, I arrived on time at 9:30am, they processed the items, and since I already sent my license and insurance beforehand for the loaner that they will give me for the day, I was on my way in 5 minutes. I got a loaner Model 3, very dirty exterior but inside was relatively clean. I did note down the scratches in the front on their form, before signing and leaving.

By 2:30pm they sent me a message through the app saying the car was ready. Got there about 4:30, talked with the advisor for a few minutes, invoice noted all items were fixed, and I was on my way again. Trim was fixed under the steering wheel, and the mud guard trim pieces were now flush (the reason it was not flush was that the person installing it in the first place apparently forgot to remote some trim pieces for the install, and thus cause the mud guard pieces to not be flush)

Definitely provided good service

Moderator note: This post plus a few replies were merged from a different thread.

I ordered standard range plus on aug 10, 2021. EDD is oct 18-nov 7. Hoping it is accurate as I am trying to time the sale of my 2019 standard range plus. What have others experience been for recent deliveries? Have they been accurate or getting pushed out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vancouver ClearBra
EDD updated Oct 11-Nov8, No vin yet

July 24 order SR+ blue / black interior. Original EDD by end of Sep.
Then EDD changed to Oct 14 - Nov 3.
Oct 3, EDD changed to Oct 16 - Oct 30.
Oct 5, EDD changed to Oct 19 - Nov 16.
Oct 9, EDD changed to Oct 24 - Nov 7 (back to a 2 week window).
No vin yey.
My July 21 order still has EDD of Oct 13 - 27, but the writing seems to be on the wall for me… I’ll expect my EDD to push back when Oct 13th comes… :-(

I ordered standard range plus on aug 10, 2021. EDD is oct 18-nov 7. Hoping it is accurate as I am trying to time the sale of my 2019 standard range plus. What have others experience been for recent deliveries? Have they been accurate or getting pushed out?
I ordered my model 3 standard range plus at the end of August and originally had a EDD of Oct 23-Nov 12th. It disappeared after about 3 weeks then reappeared with the same EDD a couple weeks later. In the past week it has changed again, showing Jan-Feb. Slightly frustrating.

I ordered my model 3 standard range plus at the end of August and originally had a EDD of Oct 23-Nov 12th. It disappeared after about 3 weeks then reappeared with the same EDD a couple weeks later. In the past week it has changed again, showing Jan-Feb. Slightly frustrating.

That is frustrating. The EDD seems to be all over the place. For new orders, there is a a few months difference for aero vs alloy wheels. It doesn’t make sense. I hope your EDD goes back to the original one.