Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Production Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I hit the finalize button and stayed with my original choice of Dolphin Grey.

I saw the pictures of someone else's Grey that they'd received recently and knew instantly that i could live with this colour for > 10 years ... now i know that i will be checking everyday for the delivery email even though i know it won't come this year but i can't help but do the standard mantra to calm my nerves

Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

this isn't working ... it's not having that soothing/calming effect.

So can anyone give advice as to whether or not trips to Toronto to get test drives would be helpful or do they just add to the anxiety levels?

I think the grey looks great in pics. I like the green in full sunlight, and it's what I originally wanted; my wife would have chosen the blue, but instead we're taking red, only because we're already paying for it. If I was getting a P, I'd be going grey.

I wanted green initially but my wife nixed that. I loved the grey I test drove, so that's what I ordered. It looked great with the grey performance wheels but since I want all-seasons, I will see what the regular wheels look like in real life.

Well, I hit the finalize button and stayed with my original choice of Dolphin Grey.

I saw the pictures of someone else's Grey that they'd received recently and knew instantly that i could live with this colour for > 10 years ... now i know that i will be checking everyday for the delivery email even though i know it won't come this year but i can't help but do the standard mantra to calm my nerves

Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?
Is it here yet?

this isn't working ... it's not having that soothing/calming effect.

So can anyone give advice as to whether or not trips to Toronto to get test drives would be helpful or do they just add to the anxiety levels?

My wife and I just returned from Toronto for the weekend for the specific purpose of running a test drive, as well as seeing some of the larger samples of paint blocks. (sprinkle some shopping of course as its in a pretty massive mall). I wanted to get a sense of colour and fabric matching in the gallery before I received a finalize email (I'm P453).
I have to say it was really great to see a lot of the colours in person. Even seeing the difference between the triple coat white and regular white.

The test drive was easily worth the trip down. Plus it's always great to chat with the associates there and catch up on the latest info. It seems like the cellular carrier deal is formalized (though didn't mention which). Also an interesting note that they'd push performance productions over other non-performance production models due to supplier and part availability. I found that pretty interesting since I reserved nov 5th and I may have the car by may!

Can someone please comment on the pages of the mvpa the refer to the Ontario Automobile Association and how it relates to us non-Ontarians? I am curious what it represents and if it raises any issues wrt immatriculation outside of the province.

Can someone please comment on the pages of the mvpa the refer to the Ontario Automobile Association and how it relates to us non-Ontarians? I am curious what it represents and if it raises any issues wrt immatriculation outside of the province.

I had the same question. Hans assured me that this preliminary agreement would be replaced with one relevant to the actual delivery province in the final paperwork. Perhaps that is one of the things they are still scurrying around doing!

Has anyone been able to use the website to finalize a Performance version? When I click the 'Design' button I get taken to a second page where I can choose to design a regular version or a performance version - clicking the performance button takes me to a blank page but clicking the regular button takes me to the options page. I've sent Tesla an e-mail as well as phoned & left a message, I've been trying since yesterday.

Edit your config and click where it says Model S or whatever. Then you can change it to Model S Performance. (hope that helps).

Has anyone been able to use the website to finalize a Performance version? When I click the 'Design' button I get taken to a second page where I can choose to design a regular version or a performance version - clicking the performance button takes me to a blank page but clicking the regular button takes me to the options page. I've sent Tesla an e-mail as well as phoned & left a message, I've been trying since yesterday.

Edit your config and click where it says Model S or whatever. Then you can change it to Model S Performance. (hope that helps).
You mean the 'Change Model' button? Unfortunately that resets the whole configurator thing back to the main design page where I choose between the 2 models. I talked to someone from Tesla on the phone today, there were able to reproduce the website problem on their end. I've gone through the regular Design Studio (the one outside My Tesla), which interestingly enough works fine, and made a list of the specific options I want - Telsa said they'll phone back this afternoon with either a fix to the website or else they'll take my order over the phone.

Is anyone else other than Clea and myself waiting for a countersigned MVPA? I signed mine using Docusign Monday night, haven't heard back yet. I sent an e-mail last night to buildmymodels@teslamotors dot com to see what's up... (The finalize e-mail said I would get a countersigned MVPA within 1 business day).