Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Production Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.... Like you, I reserved on the first day. However, my car is still sitting in Toronto for an unknown reason, apparently "logistics" is working on it. ........ I still don't know why it is still there; I've been in contact with several people at Tesla now, but I feel very much in the dark, despite being assured that it will be shipped ASAP. I've tried to be very patient and understanding, but it's been a not-so-merry Christmas (at least my life is much more than just cars, otherwise I'd be depressed).

KBF, sorry to hear that you still do not have your car. At one point I was ready to send a truck to get mine from Vancouver, BC... a $1500 cost for an inside transport for the direct 1200 km trip to Edmonton.
... but to my amazement it showed up at my business close to home.

Love the car, don't care about some of the relatively IMHO issues right now because I can still drive it.
I'm sure there is still good value in Signature Model S even though we may not have gotten them much in advance of the CND production deliveries.

Hope you get yours soon.

When I call Tesla in August in order to make the decision going with the Signature, or defer to production, they told me that the general production will be about a month later than signature ( which was schedule for dec then)
As Signature were deliver end of december, i'm expeting my car end of january or early feb. I can't imagine getting my car more than 4 year (march 27th 2013) after ordering the car. I'm expecting from Tesla to consider Canadian general production customer who make the deposit in 2009 more than they currently do.
As it's winter, and Canada as rude winter, they may want to brings car later on the raod, or with a winter pakage... then i can understand the wait... so far, no communication from Tesla, and as P #5 I hope getting my car in Feb.

Trust me, I would prefer to get my car in spring than be a beta tester signature for Canada. I still got the car fogged on the drivers side last night with my family. I had to replace the Pirellis by Nokians at my own expense due to poor performance in snow.

If I could go back in time I would go back to a non-sig car and get the car in spring (and hope winter issues would be solved by next winter). Plus I could choose among more colors ;)

Agree Doug, me too...the car is amazing to drive (the few times my wife has let me use it) however, even with the much smaller amount of snow we have down here Pat, I'm disappointed in the Pirelli's...the Hankooks on my Roadster are more effective imo...

Personally, I'm tickled pink having the Signature now, despite the winter weather and the occasional glitch. Was it sensible to spend the extra money for Signature? Nah. But I am very happy to have the car.

Last edited:
When you finalize, the email you receive gives you the timing.

I received my Finalize Dec 20th and finalized it (email said delivery planned for March/April if I sign before Jan 19th), I received my paperwork on the 28th of December but haven't signed it yet. Waiting for a friend (current owner) to prove that the car has enough ground clearance for my driveway and can get out of my garage easily in slippery conditions. Jan 17th is my deadline - not sure why different thant the 19th... (I got a reminder yesterday)

P179

I'm disappointed in the Pirelli's...the Hankooks on my Roadster are more effective imo...
It is not a fair comparison when using drastically dissimilar vehicles - a 4,600 lb 4-door sedan will exact different tire loads than a 2,700 lb 2-door sports car. The Model S is almost double the weight, you'd have to double the contact patch size to get a roughly equivalent measure (ignoring steering & suspension setup which also play a part). That, or get studded winter tires. :)

We're not allowed studded tires in Ontario.

My comment was not a comparison between a Roadster & the Model S ... it was more a comment on the very favourable comments from users about Pirelli snow tires (in general) on many of the online tire websites...most users liked the tire...I find them lacking...

It is not a fair comparison when using drastically dissimilar vehicles - a 4,600 lb 4-door sedan will exact different tire loads than a 2,700 lb 2-door sports car. The Model S is almost double the weight, you'd have to double the contact patch size to get a roughly equivalent measure (ignoring steering & suspension setup which also play a part). That, or get studded winter tires. :)

Thanks guys, i figured as much that they were still setting up the Vancouver store. I don't think calling the Toronto store will help though. I was wanting to know if there are any more cars on the lot like there were during the delivery event before xmas, as my wife and I just wanted to go take a look on the weekend and see some interior options to help narrow down our choice before we click to finalize. Don't have time to drive down to Bellevue unfortunately... May still swing by just in case. We should have looked more carefully before Xmas.

Was there yesterday (Vancouver service) and only 3 customer cars left. I don't think they are letting anyone play in the cars as they still setting up the service centre. We went to Bellevue before Christmas on a whim and were fortunate enough to score a test drive. We had already reserved on Cyber Monday and the test drive was phenomenal and just locked it in for us. Good luck on your decision.