Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Production Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My comment was not a comparison between a Roadster & the Model S ... it was more a comment on the very favourable comments from users about Pirelli snow tires (in general) on many of the online tire websites...most users liked the tire...I find them lacking...

Couldn't agree more. By my definition, they're not winter tires, they're performance cold weather tires ;)

Finalized just now!.

P297, 85KWh, Pearl White, Black Roof, Black leather interior, Sound, Twin

Now the part where i live in a condo and dont have a charging station lol ... need to work on that issue...

Congrats!

I signed the paperwork this afternoon as well.

P285, Perf, Dolphin Grey, Grey 21' (will eventually get 19' for Hakka R winter tires), CF spoiler, black / CF interior, Tech, Pano, Sound, Twin chargers, Paint armour, Rear-facing seats.

Hesitated about the armour, but figured it would do until I decide if I need something more.

Electrician booked for next thursday.

It just got real ! :scared:

Hey Guys,

Had a few questions on my paperwork. I want to trade-in my car but the paperwork already says "No Trade" and calculated all the taxes and stuff..

Also, there was no mention of the service plan? would that be available later on?

Regards,
Raza

Just finalized! Canadian P246. 85kWh, black and black, air suspension, twin chargers, paint armour, shelf, lacewood. Plan to buy a second set of 19 inch Tesla rims and Nokian Hakka Rs from a tire shop (quoted $304 per).

Thanks to all who have contributed so much helpful information to this forum!

Hey Guys,

Had a few questions on my paperwork. I want to trade-in my car but the paperwork already says "No Trade" and calculated all the taxes and stuff..

Also, there was no mention of the service plan? would that be available later on?

Regards,
Raza

My trade wasn't on the final paperwork, but it got revised "the morning of". By all means follow up with them.

No one has the service plan yet. They haven't got there yet, it seems.

My trade wasn't on the final paperwork, but it got revised "the morning of". By all means follow up with them.

No one has the service plan yet. They haven't got there yet, it seems.

Thanks for the reply Doug.

Do you know what process they followed for trade? when was the car inspected? what was the price they gave you w.r.t auto trader selling prices? I was looking sumthing for my 04 infinity coupe.

Also, being in Ottawa, how was the Ontario rebate processed? I rmr seeing that they ask you to bring a void check but do we have to wait until end of yr or tax return to get the rebate or does it arrive quickly?

The last question is about the scotia bank, should I apply to them right after I sign my paperwork or should I wait till delivery? If you'r using the scotia bank loan then, one last question would be, if you want to pay off your loan quicker (i.e. pay more monthly than ur payments or pay lump sum, is that allowed and the interest payments adjusted for remaining amount?)

Thanks in advance for all the help :D

Regards,
Raza

Do you know what process they followed for trade? when was the car inspected? what was the price they gave you w.r.t auto trader selling prices? I was looking sumthing for my 04 infinity coupe.

I traded a '10 Infiniti G37xS sedan, pretty low mileage. It was all done by email. I gave Hans the specs on the car, and told them the paint was good and it hadn't been in any accidents. They came back with an offer. It was close enough to what I wanted so I accepted it.

Also, being in Ottawa, how was the Ontario rebate processed? I rmr seeing that they ask you to bring a void check but do we have to wait until end of yr or tax return to get the rebate or does it arrive quickly?

The province wires you the money and/or sends you a check once they've processed the application. I haven't got mine yet. (This will be my second rebate; I got the very first one ever processed for my Roadster.)

The last question is about the scotia bank, should I apply to them right after I sign my paperwork or should I wait till delivery? If you'r using the scotia bank loan then, one last question would be, if you want to pay off your loan quicker (i.e. pay more monthly than ur payments or pay lump sum, is that allowed and the interest payments adjusted for remaining amount?)

I didn't use the Tesla/Scotia financing, so I'm the wrong person to ask. In my experience any car loan can be paid off early just by sending them money, and the loan will be adjusted as required.

Raza, I received the Ontario rebate for the Volt, and it was processed relatively quickly (less than 4 weeks) after I sent it in.

Glad to hear that you have finalized!

David

Oh Crap! I did it. I just finalized and spent a whole pile of $! Yikes! I expect the paperwork Monday sometime.

P60
Blue with black roof.
Black Leather with matte obeche trim.
Twin chargers
No supercharger. Too much of a gamble in Canada we decided.
Tech Pkg
Parcel Shelf.

P353.

Just got my finalize button. CDN #508 changing to Green (my first choice) from Blue, 85,Pano,grey int, obeche matte, tech, sound studio, active air, 19's. Will hit the button today or first thing in the am. The first I believe for Port Moody, BC. I think I'm in shock still!

Just got my notice to finalize my order (P#432). Now the clock ticks to make a decision. Thinking of either the 60kw battery pack or the P85. Leaning towards the P85 but damn its an expensive car.

Will be in T.O. on the 26th, are they still offering test drives at Yorkdale?

I am number 575. I have not received any notifications yet. However, I did speak to Tesla today. My Toronto test drive for Saturday was cancelled and they will call me to reschedule. Apparently they are doing something to, or replacing, the test drive car. I live almost walking distance to Yorkdale so it's easy for me to get there.

When I first heard of Tesla, I only considered the 40kw battery. After putting down my reservation fee, I switched to 60kw. If I had to finalize today, I think I would go with 85. I can't believe I'm actually thinking of spending this much on a car. Will I notice a difference after 3 years in a Prius?

My current plan is to not get tech and start using my garage door clicker again. I can cope with that.

I look at buying a Model S as a leap of faith. The higher the price, the bigger the leap.

Oy vay!