Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Production Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am number 575. I have not received any notifications yet. However, I did speak to Tesla today. My Toronto test drive for Saturday was cancelled and they will call me to reschedule. Apparently they are doing something to, or replacing, the test drive car. I live almost walking distance to Yorkdale so it's easy for me to get there.

When I first heard of Tesla, I only considered the 40kw battery. After putting down my reservation fee, I switched to 60kw. If I had to finalize today, I think I would go with 85. I can't believe I'm actually thinking of spending this much on a car. Will I notice a difference after 3 years in a Prius?

My current plan is to not get tech and start using my garage door clicker again. I can cope with that.

I look at buying a Model S as a leap of faith. The higher the price, the bigger the leap.

Oy vay!

That was the exact thought process I went through. Started with 40KWh in mind when reserved and switched to 60KWh sometime in the middle to add a level of safe zone. Now SC and other factors came in. What if I need more range and over EOL range. Then the value of $/KWh and $/km is lowest for 85KWh so its technically more value for your money. Also, HP and Torque.

Compromised on tech, air, pano and finalized 85Kwh, pearl white, twin, sound. Hopefully this leap of faith pays off long term otherwise there is a long list of ppl waiting to say "i told you so" lol

Regards,
Raza

My Toronto test drive for Saturday was cancelled and they will call me to reschedule. Apparently they are doing something to, or replacing, the test drive car. I live almost walking distance to Yorkdale so it's easy for me to get there.

Interesting. I was there over the weekend and noticed the grey car was gone. I had just assumed it was out on test drives.

Just curious, I finalized last friday (confirmed by phone with Tesla that they received the e-docs).

How long did it take for those of you that have been through the process to receive your countersigned papers?

After a quick call to Tesla because I had 2 sets of docs (my wife is on title) and she signed hers it was a matter of seconds when I got the countersigned docs back. They are printed and in the "Tesla" file!

Hey Guys,

I was waiting to sign my pre-MVPA after finalizing as I had asked a few questions to Tesla? Should I wait for them to reply back or sign the papers...

Questions were about car trade in, loan applying and approval i.e. what if I dont get approved afterwards, when do I have to apply for it, etc...

Regards,
Raza

Glad to hear the production models are heading our way!

Now if only Tesla could figure out how to return my paperwork so they could actually get me a delivery date.....my dashboard has been stuck on WE ARE PREPARING YOUR PAPERWORK for 2.5 weeks now and as usual they are aloof with the if/when/how they can fix it...... sigh.

I think I had used up all my patience and understanding dealing with Tesla for my Roadster, this time around I am just embarrased for them for the most part.

I just got the delivery email.. between feb 3rd and feb 17th

I'm P#5

Ok, I did it ... I finalized my order!!

I wanted to make sure BEFORE that I would be eligible to the Scotia financing. Hans gave me a good help. After filling out the Scotia credit form, Hans came back to me with a positive answer yesterday (took about 72 hours to get the answer).

I should get the paperwork in 24 hours.

Would love to get it in march, as long as it's after march 15th (so I don't have to buy and install winter tires just for a few days!).

By the way, they told me that the child's seats should be ready by the time of delivery!

Sly

Now if only Tesla could figure out how to return my paperwork so they could actually get me a delivery date.....my dashboard has been stuck on WE ARE PREPARING YOUR PAPERWORK for 2.5 weeks now and as usual they are aloof with the if/when/how they can fix it...... sigh.

When I submitted my paperwork electronically, it was turned around so fast that I'm sure they must be using an automated process. In fact, the e-mail that it was turned around was in my inbox by the time I closed the browser session after submitting. I went straight to the My Tesla page and it was showing "The Tesla Factory is Building your Model S" already.

I wanted to make sure BEFORE that I would be eligible to the Scotia financing. Hans gave me a good help. After filling out the Scotia credit form, Hans came back to me with a positive answer yesterday (took about 72 hours to get the answer).

Would love to get it in march, as long as it's after march 15th (so I don't have to buy and install winter tires just for a few days!).

By the way, they told me that the child's seats should be ready by the time of delivery!

Sly

Congrats Sly!

It would surprise me if we got our cars before March 15th (you and I are pretty close in reservation number), but who knows... the way Tesla is running now, it is possible I suppose.

However, if we get it, say, on March 8th, we can get a one week exemption from the SAAQ to drive without winter tires. It would be safer for you since you're getting the all seasons. I'm getting the 21" sport tires, so it might not be smart. :p

I'm really hoping to push purchasing the winter wheel/tire combo till next year because I'm hoping there will be good aftermarket options at that point. The Tesla options seem expensive.

Fingers crossed that we see our cars soon! Keep us posted as to when you get a delivery window -- as will I.

The end of my window is February 15th, and snow is usually all gone/done here by the first week of March. However since I'm getting the car with 21's/summer tires it'd probably be a bad idea for me to avoid winter tires. Although it seems pretty silly to only have them on the car for a month. I could easily leave it parked when there is snow on the road, but I would obviously like to be able to drive it. I've several cars before with all seasons and driven them year round, but I've never had a set of "summer" tires...

Thoughts?

Sly

The end of my window is February 15th, and snow is usually all gone/done here by the first week of March. However since I'm getting the car with 21's/summer tires it'd probably be a bad idea for me to avoid winter tires. Although it seems pretty silly to only have them on the car for a month. I could easily leave it parked when there is snow on the road, but I would obviously like to be able to drive it. I've several cars before with all seasons and driven them year round, but I've never had a set of "summer" tires...

Thoughts?

The problem with summer tires is they turn to wood in the cold. So even if there is no snow around, the cold will freeze the rubber and you will have very little control of the car. Might not be a good idea if you still have sub-zero temperatures...