Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I thought. This is probably for a different thread but the 2017 SuperCharger map appears to show a new SuperCharger in the GTA that is West of Lawrence so I wonder where it will be.But those maps aren't always accurate but from the looks of it there is one new pin just west of Lawrence and one just East.

I've driven by the new alleged Calgary Service Centre many times over the past few weeks and have seen zero past or present activity going on. For those Alberta X/S owners, how do you feel about the current service? Is it meeting expectations for you at the moment? Do you think Calgary can last another year without a fully operational service centre?
You original owners were/are very brave. I will have a hard time taking possession of a car without a dedicated service center in town or some sort of assurances/SLA.

I think I've been led on about a Calgary service center for at least 3 years so far lol.....so no holding breath here. The last 7 years of owning multiple Tesla's - service had steadily gone downhill in my opinion. eg. I was told I had to drive 1200km to get service work done last time....needless to say it never got done.... say what!!!!

Reactions: Mayhemm
The Calgary service centre has been "about to open" since at least 2014, probably earlier. Coupled with dozens of other lies Tesla has told me in the past, I no longer believe ANYTHING Tesla says until I can confirm it with my own 2 eyes (and even then I worry about what they'll decide to change later).

The current Tesla ranger in Calgary does his absolute best for people, and it is nice to have service work done right in your own garage, but it's just not efficient or sustainable. As long as Tesla insists on this ridiculous monopoly on repair, they badly need to ramp up the service infrastructure by an enormous amount.

I have a lot of problems with how Tesla handles repairs, but the individual people at the service centre and ranger level are certainly not among them. Those people do their absolute best to deal with Tesla's horrible behaviour.

My bigger fear is that Tesla will suddenly renege on their free ranger service for Calgary promise as they have done to so many others in other locations, and we'll be forced to pay the fee (possibly including per km from Vancouver) all because they lied to us to make a sale several years ago about having a service open imminently.

• Love
Reactions: Mayhemm and Falkirk
Regardless of which month it actually opens, the service center will be open this year, probably before June. The Sabre location is definitely where it will be as confirmed by a few sources and I believe you can find evidence via City Planning if you know where to look. I think use of the word "lies" is a bit over the top - it really isn't possible to know if the constant projection of an imminent service centre was a result of excessive optimism, projections based on numbers that didn't materialize, or as green1 is suggesting a deliberate attempt to mislead. I personally think there is a difference between a company saying a service centre is "coming soon" for 3 years and other car companies who (for example) developed software to allow them to cheat emissions testing. Either way, it has been a bit frustrating for us owners who have been waiting since the original projections but it has definitely not been unworkable. For most warranty work, a ranger has proven easier than going to a service centre. The problem comes if the car needs work that can not be done in your garage as that requires Tesla to ship the car to Vancouver and back, usually resulting in a week or more without the car - albeit Tesla always provides a rental. Essentially the risk here is that you could end up driving an ICE for a week or two. Really annoying but not the end of the world. It is also fair to say that ranger availability was really becoming a problem as they were originally flying them out from Vancouver. After Dave was hired, it took a while to improve (given backlog and presumably training curve) but I believe it has improved significantly now. Unfortunately if you live outside of Calgary there are other factors at play due to Tesla's policy regarding owners who are not in service locations. For me, the evolution of that policy is my biggest gripe though it doesn't affect me directly.
Bottom line is that (contrary to previous years) Tesla actually have a location for their new centre and ultimately it will be open and active sometime this year - my bet is by June.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaff
I was specifically told that it would open that year. not "soon" but "before the end of this year" by the person trying to sell me a car. Later on I was told the car would have all sorts of features that have never been delivered, so yes, I see a pattern of lies from Tesla, and yes, I do believe that lies is the appropriate word when someone takes your money based on statements made and then doesn't deliver on those promises.
My money was real, it's too bad Tesla's promises weren't.

Though Tesla is ultimately responsible for it's staff, I think the problem here is really employees who are giving out info they really don't have as fact- kind of like if an Apple retail employee tells you what they think is gonna be in the next iPhone.

I'm sure you would have been less frustrated if they'd just been honest and said, "We don't know what the hold up is, or when it's going to open."

There doesn't seem to be any official page or source of info for when showrooms or service centres are going to open.

The Oakville location which looks essentially finished. It will officially open it's doors.... when? Who knows!

Last edited:
Reactions: doubeld
Regardless of which month it actually opens, the service center will be open this year, probably before June. The Sabre location is definitely where it will be as confirmed by a few sources and I believe you can find evidence via City Planning if you know where to look.
Bottom line is that (contrary to previous years) Tesla actually have a location for their new centre and ultimately it will be open and active sometime this year - my bet is by June.

Here:
Planning & Development Map | City of Calgary

And here:
My Property
(you have to go to the parcel though)

• Informative
Reactions: Paul Carter
Th
Though Tesla is ultimately responsible for it's staff, I think the problem here is really employees who are giving out info they really don't have as fact- kind of like if an Apple retail employee tells you what they think is gonna be in the next iPhone.

I'm sure you would have been less frustrated if they'd just been honest and said, "We don't know what the hold up is, or when it's going to open."

There doesn't seem to be any official page or source of info for when showrooms or service centres are going to open.

The Oakville location which looks essentially finished. It will officially open it's doors.... when? Who knows!

The same should hold for Ottawa as well as we have been waiting forever for our "promised" service centre.

I was in West-Vancouver today and saw that Tesla is opening another store there in Park Royal just across Cactus Club Cafe and Whole Foods. Good location, lots of Tesla's and other high end cars driving around in West Van.

Tesla doesn't share information on openings of anything until it actually happens. In their ideal world the new model / new feature / supercharger / store / service center / whatever would magically appear out of nowhere one day. Part of this is the fact that Elon likes to make his big announcements, and part of it is just the overall secrecy of the organization - which partly goes to " public company / insider trading issues" and partly just plain Elon again.

I stopped by the Oakville service centre today. It is SO close to being open! The display area out front is in prime shape, The Model X was in display mode, with hood open and lights on, the Model S was gleaming, and the big screen display in the middle was up and running. Looking through the glass around back, there looks to be better than a half dozen cars up close to the front, a service desk is all set up and appears to be in use in use. I took a few pictures to whet your appetite:

IMG_2533.JPG
IMG_2535.JPG
IMG_2534.JPG
IMG_2531.JPG
IMG_2532.JPG