Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They absolutely need to put 2 if they are serious about the Toronto - Montreal corridor. if not, it's for the show, we'll have to sacrifice too much on the driving. in fact, I won't be able to make it with the 60 pack. And my Supercharger option is wasted. Good news that there is movement though

They absolutely need to put 2 if they are serious about the Toronto - Montreal corridor. if not, it's for the show, we'll have to sacrifice too much on the driving. in fact, I won't be able to make it with the 60 pack. And my Supercharger option is wasted. Good news that there is movement though

Well, I would say that it's a start ... That means I can get to Toronto in one day:

Trois-Rivières to Cornwall = 250 KM : 2h30 minutes
Charging at Best Western (CS90, Free SCH charger) : 3 hours (with Twin Chargers)
Cornwall to Kingston = 185 KM = 2 hours
Charging at Kingston Supercharger = 1 hour
Kingston to Toronto = 265 KM = 3 hours

Trois-Rivieres to downtown Toronto in less than 12 hours ... FOR FREE !!

Nine months per year, that would be a piece of cake ... the other three months, I would probably have to charge longer (range charge) ...

Since you're starting point is Montreal, you would also make it ... at minimum 9 months per year ...

They have to begin one step at a time ... lets get our first SUPERCHARGER in Canada ... it's already unbelievable for me that they are doing it so quickly !!! :)

Well, I would say that it's a start ... That means I can get to Toronto in one day:

Trois-Rivières to Cornwall = 250 KM : 2h30 minutes
Charging at Best Western (CS90, Free SCH charger) : 3 hours (with Twin Chargers)
Cornwall to Kingston = 185 KM = 2 hours
Charging at Kingston Supercharger = 1 hour
Kingston to Toronto = 265 KM = 3 hours

Trois-Rivieres to downtown Toronto in less than 12 hours ... FOR FREE !!

Nine months per year, that would be a piece of cake ... the other three months, I would probably have to charge longer (range charge) ...

Since you're starting point is Montreal, you would also make it ... at minimum 9 months per year ...

They have to begin one step at a time ... lets get our first SUPERCHARGER in Canada ... it's already unbelievable for me that they are doing it so quickly !!! :)

I think that with the lesson they've learned from the New York Times fiasco, even Elon has admitted that SCs should be placed a maximum of 140 miles apart in colder climates. And he was talking about 85kw needs. So I think they will be smart and put at least two SCing stations between Montreal and Toronto.

Just my two cents.

I've got a 60 kw coming in just a few weeks and my vote is SCs at the enRoute stops going East and West in Trenton. I would be a great thing for me in the wintertime as I do a weekly trip into Prince Edward County. People coming from Toronto/Ottawa or Montreal would all use it as part of their zip into Toronto. It would go great with SCs in Kingston and Corwall. Let's go for 3 SCs on the east side on Ontario. DougG...do you second the motion?

I phoned the Toronto store today to find out about the Kingston Supercharger facility, and was told that officially Tesla does not discuss locations, as it could possibly jeopardize their plans. In light of this, I suppose that the Kingston location will have to be just a rumour at this point. (until it opens)

According to the new map on the Supercharger page on the TM website, between now and sometime in 2014 there will be two superchargers between Montreal and Toronto (this we suspected), but also one between Montreal and Quebec (although it's hard to see where it will be at that scale) !!

:love:

Looks like 401 stations near London and Trenton, and the 401/416 intersection; near Casselman along the 417 between Ottawa and Montreal; and somewhere near Drummonville on the 20.

For going down into the states looks like Albany NY in the near future. Could probably squeak there from the 401/416. More stations in 2015 should make that much easier. Pretty soon they should have covered pretty much everywhere I normally go.

On the other side they're hooking Calgary to Vancouver. Cool!

the one glaring hole is the section between Alberta and Ontario ... Elon Mentioned that the maps we see now are not final and he hopes to see more so maybe they will fill this in sooner than later.

Still pretty exciting to see this expansion taking place around us in the near future!

the one glaring hole is the section between Alberta and Ontario ... Elon Mentioned that the maps we see now are not final and he hopes to see more so maybe they will fill this in sooner than later.

I really doubt they'll run a route through Northern Ontario any time soon. Won't get much use. I think you'll have to go down into the US and come through south of the Great Lakes.

@grassy I'm guessing hope Merritt salmon arm/ revelstoke

Hope and merrit are both huge intersections to other routes. Kamloops not so much and people will want to charge before and after going over the passes

Well, here's my guess from the map;

Whistler, Hope, Kamloops, Revelstoke, Banff and halfway between Calgary/Edmonton - Red Deer?

You need to consider the coverage more than anything.

Whistler to Border = ~ 180 km add in the I-5 charger and trip from the Lower Mainland/Seattle/Hope is covered
Hope = 271 km from Whistler and 120 km from Merritt. Covers I-5 trips from USA and anybody coming from Kamloops, Meritt is too close.
Kamloops = 200 km from Vancouver, perfect distance although I would have thought that Kelowna may have gotten one too given the amount of trips people make to wine country.
Revelstoke = 215 km from Kelowna and 289 km from Banff. Golden is too far from Kamloops and too close to Banff.
Banff = 289 km from Revelstoke, 125 km from Calgary. I think I could be off on this one. It could end up being closer to Yoho/Lake Louise to better help the distance from Revelstoke and reduce the workload on 60 KWh's through the passes.
Red Deer = Equidistant from Calgary/Edmonton, I would think an 85 KWh could make the trip in one go, but just to be safe, you could top up over a bathroom break.

nleggatt, I agree that Merritt makes more sense given it's access to 5A and 97C, but I think Tesla has assumed more people will be making trips to/from AB from Vancouver via Kamloops than to Kelowna or up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.