Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ffs ... now I know the problem. Black and Veatch has one office in western Canada, located in Metrotown. The entire engineering staff of this office is one VP and two process engineers. They have no in-house electrical engineering expertise, so they've almost certainly been sourcing their US offices for electrical engineering capacity. They'll be like fish out of water when dealing with Canadian standards and utility requirements.

Well, that's too bad!

Communication is key to any success.

Agreed for personal relationships but disagree for business. Some of the most successful companies have strict policies of very limited communication. Tesla's problems isn't so much a lack of communication but too much communication when it comes to promises and then little to none when those communicated promises are not met. It would be better not to have communicated the promise in the first place.

Well, that's too bad!

Agreed for personal relationships but disagree for business. Some of the most successful companies have strict policies of very limited communication. Tesla's problems isn't so much a lack of communication but too much communication when it comes to promises and then little to none when those communicated promises are not met. It would be better not to have communicated the promise in the first place.

I did not say tell all, but when you put a stake in the ground (or fail to actually put one in the ground), it is better to communicate with what the new plan is, or a vacuum will suck up 74 pages in a forum. This definitely applies in business. It does not mean a completely transparent business that airs all the dirty laundry or exposes the secret sauce, but having been a leader in the tech industry, that has helped with many customer relationship issues.

Hello Tesla, what's happening. Ahhhh, we have sort of a problem here. Yeah, you apparently didn't install any Superchargers in Ontario yet. You see, it would be really helpful to have those available. Did you see the memo about how many Tesla owners there are in Ontario? Yeeeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure those Superchargers are installed, that would be great. And I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copy of that memo. Okaaaay?

A year ago Black and Veatch was looking for a canadian partner. I assume they must have had issue with this given the lack of progress.

Did you guys track the following thread which report on SC advancement, they report progress in Canada, few permits and one starting construction soon:

Supercharger Progress - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Barrie Summer 2014
Belleville Permit granted
Chatham-Kent Summer 2014
Cornwall Permit granted
Kingston Permit granted
Toronto Work to start June 13th
Woodstock Summer 2014
Drummondville no news

Hello Tesla, what's happening. Ahhhh, we have sort of a problem here. Yeah, you apparently didn't install any Superchargers in Ontario yet. You see, it would be really helpful to have those available. Did you see the memo about how many Tesla owners there are in Ontario? Yeeeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure those Superchargers are installed, that would be great. And I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copy of that memo. Okaaaay?
That is absolutely hilarious!!!! Just make sure the guy approving the C-UL stuff gets to keep his stapler.

Typical. The only one I planned to use(Drummondville) has no news at all!

Good on the others though. Better than nothing.
A year ago Black and Veatch was looking for a canadian partner. I assume they must have had issue with this given the lack of progress.

Did you guys track the following thread which report on SC advancement, they report progress in Canada, few permits and one starting construction soon:

Supercharger Progress - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

Barrie Summer 2014
Belleville Permit granted
Chatham-Kent Summer 2014
Cornwall Permit granted
Kingston Permit granted
Toronto Work to start June 13th
Woodstock Summer 2014
Drummondville no news

Actually, I'm planning to drive from SK to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Funny, I never had an inkling to drive such distances before getting my Model S...

I was going to bypass the GTA peninsula via HWY-17 and thought Drummondville would be the only Supercharger remaining on that route. However, looking at the map again, I could probably make use of Cornwall as well.

I'll be doing the majority of the trip using SCH Level-2 EVSEs, maybe the occasional HPWC from Plugshare.

From Tesla Supercharger network - Page 484 yesterday:

In the past, the page for a Supercharger redirecting to the Log In Page has happened a few days before the Supercharger opening.

Hays and Nephi are already on the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page as of today, and we know Goodland is almost done.

Is something happening in Drummondville that no one on TMC knows about?

Could the first Supercharger in Canada be in Drummondville soon?

The Cornwall BW charger is a good alternative...a very EV friendly place with a good restaurant!

Actually, I'm planning to drive from SK to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Funny, I never had an inkling to drive such distances before getting my Model S...

I was going to bypass the GTA peninsula via HWY-17 and thought Drummondville would be the only Supercharger remaining on that route. However, looking at the map again, I could probably make use of Cornwall as well.

I'll be doing the majority of the trip using SCH Level-2 EVSEs, maybe the occasional HPWC from Plugshare.

Was driving by Kingston site again today so I popped in to take a look....still heavy construction, looks like sewer mostly done, and now water pipes going in. Way too early to see anything SC related...guessing September before the power centre is somewhat ready to open stores. Will be a great spot though with a No Frills, Canadian Tire, Empire Theatre, Panera restaurant, Beer Store, LCBO, Pita Pit, Sunset Grill, couple clothing stores, and about 5 other units. Plus, there's a 15-20 store outlet mall across the street where there is also a Marriott hotel, Boston Pizza, Swiss Chalet, Pizza Hut/Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, and Wendy's

Here's another update on this from Tesla:

-----------------

On April 29th, we provided an update on Canadian Supercharger progress and since then have continued to make positive headway across the country. We are aware, however, of the growing frustration amongst some of our customers and would like to provide a quick update on these developments, and offer an opportunity for Tesla supporters to accelerate Supercharger installations in Canada. We remain 100% committed to the driving needs of our Canadian customers.

In the past few weeks we progressed on Canadian sites listed on the Coming Soon Map, and firmly established target properties for remaining Canadian locations planned for 2014. See below for details on the routes and their developments. As we are continually navigating through zoning, permitting, and utility company processes, we will continue our policy to only communicate firm timing and locations once we and our partners are sure a site will be open.

- Eastern Canada:
o Priority routes: Toronto – Montreal, Montreal – Quebec City, Toronto – North Bay (via Barrie)
o First site in Toronto expected in July following an ongoing 5 to 8 week zoning and permitting review by local government; other sites will open throughout the Summer depending on permit and utility company timing.

image001.png

- Western Canada:
o Priority routes: Vancouver – Whistler, Vancouver – Banff, Calgary – Edmonton
o Squamish, our first site, is now through zoning and ready for construction. We expect to complete this site mid-July pending utility company support.
o Hope, BC is poised to move quickly, pending utility company support. Other sites will open throughout the summer depending on permit and utility company timing.

image002.png

Tesla and our location partners are ready and excited to bring Supercharging to Canada. Many of our Canadian customers ask how they can help, and our biggest opportunity is with zoning, permitting, and utility company lead-times. We welcome your support by writing, emailing, or calling local government and utility companies kindly letting them know how important Supercharging is for you and local communities.

- Western Canada:
o Priority routes: Vancouver – Whistler, Vancouver – Banff, Calgary – Edmonton
o Squamish, our first site, is now through zoning and ready for construction. We expect to complete this site mid-July pending utility company support.
o Hope, BC is poised to move quickly, pending utility company support. Other sites will open throughout the summer depending on permit and utility company timing.

View attachment 51425

See, Audie, there is Hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.