Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ministry of Transportation in Ontario is interested in EV adoption, but would likely go with CHAdeMO and/or Combo Plug fast chargers at places like Travel Centers and ONroute stations.

This is a big reason I'm really hoping Tesla convinces a few other OEMs (even 1 or 2) to adopt the Tesla connector and supercharger technology. Then it becomes a de facto industry standard rather than a single-vendor solution and governments and businesses won't have that argument against adopting it. It's clearly the best solution today (highest power and smallest, most manageable connector), so it's a shame that it's not being adopted more widely.

I would guess there aren't any more than 1-2 km from a major artery.

OK, but the problem is that on the 417, there are not many place that gather a lot of restaurants/stores... the one that has just been built is in Hawkesbury on the 17 (around 8 km after the exit from the 417)... Walmart, Canadian Tire, Mark's Wearhouse, Staples, Dollarama, Pet Value, St-Hubert restaurant, Tim Horton, McDonald's, Thai Express, A&W, Independent Grocery store and many other... would be possible for people after their charging to take the 34 to rejoin the 417... no detour that way...

St-Hubert, County Road 17, Hawkesbury, ON, Canada - Google Maps

Other option that would be perfect (ala Tesla SC location type) is at Vaudreuil (highway 40 in Province of Quebec) and install it at the Boston Pizza parking... lots of restaurants & stores in that area...

Boston Pizza, 52, boul. De la Cité des Jeunes, Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC, Canada - Google Maps

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405452797.997222.jpg

In hope bc this is where the sc is going :)

Nearby; Tim Hortons , dq, blue moose coffee shop, nice park, movie theatre,

It's just around the corner from the blue moose and the fantastic Joe's restraunt. Also just behind the Dairy Queen. The lot is privately owned and so doesn't appear to need the permitting or zoning boards typically required. From what I understand Hope went with a privately owned property in order to speed the project along.

This is where it is going... it has been verified by a number of people on council and on the econ-dev team.

Everyone keeps saying Tesla is reading this thread, so I have to register my disappointment that, although there has been a Supercharger dot on the map in and around Trenton/Belleville on 401 East almost since the beginning of the Supercharger map... it is now gone. Nothing even in 2015. For the way I use my car, Trenton would be absolutely perfect and literally vital in the wintertime to ensure I have the 'Doug G Buffer' for my regular long trip to my cottage. Since the day I got my car in March 2013, I've been waiting for this Supercharger as it would be a winter life (and marriage) saver when days are really cold/snowy/windy. So, if anyone is listening, please bring back Trenton to the Supercharger map!

Since the day I got my car in March 2013, I've been waiting for this Supercharger as it would be a winter life (and marriage) saver when days are really cold/snowy/windy. So, if anyone is listening, please bring back Trenton to the Supercharger map!

Ditto for the 401 West Superchargers. I also got my car in March 2013 and back then, the London and Chatham Superchargers were supposed to be operational by the Fall of 2013. Chatham now seems to be gone, and London is pushed back AGAIN.

Private property still needs permitting and zoning boards, unless they are already zoned and permitted for that specific type of use (unlikely)

As a side note, to my understanding, ALL superchargers to date have been on privately owned property.

You could be right, just relaying what I was told. Perhaps it was to avoid voting at council on using city land for something.

Private property still needs permitting and zoning boards, unless they are already zoned and permitted for that specific type of use (unlikely)

As a side note, to my understanding, ALL superchargers to date have been on privately owned property.

Blanding, UT is at the town owned visitors center, Green River, UT is at a publicly owned museum, and Wickenburg, AZ is at the town hall. There are probably others on public property.

Tesla Supercharger finally in Canada!

Canada, finally, has a Supercharger!
It is in Squamish between Vancouver and Whistler. B. C.
So now the thought of the Canadian government intervening is moot!
We are getting them. Quebec has a permit in place near Montreal so that should open up soon.
The problem, however, appears to be the Ontario Government stonewalling.
Nothing is planned yet for Toronto or the busy 401 corridor between Detroit and the Quebec border.
Why is the Wynn government doing this?
Very frustrating! Are there kickbacks in place from the oil industry here, from other EV car makers perhaps?
Why is Ontario unique?

Talk about a distinct society!

Last edited:
Update for Cornwall SC:

Just had a ESA guy visit to check if my electric station was done properly and spoke to me about a girl from Tesla (didn't want to give me her name) and it seems that the 401 / Brookdale ave exit will be their choice...

Spoke to me also about the Kingston & Toronto ones but was less clear... He said to me that he advised her to take the same contractor to do all the 3 (and others) because it will be easier for them as the contractor chosen will know what to do for the next ones...

Not too much of an update but better than nothing!

Have a good day

Ha! Maybe the press needs to get an iphone then.

They put on a great event. It was nice to meet so many owners and staff. Got some nice tidbits about upcoming stuff. Hope seems to be end of August or early September, while the rest of the route to the rockies to follow in the fall. Sorry i didn't get any info on SC's out east. They are trying really hard. Land deals are still underway and there is some permitting challenges. Golden is on the plan despite what the latest map above from Tesla says. V6 software to have terrain and destination chargers in the maps. It wasnt clear whether v6 or a future update will show # SC's in use for your arrival.

Great location. Biston pizza, starbucks, fatburger (where I am now), theatre, shops.

Update for Cornwall SC:

Just had a ESA guy visit to check if my electric station was done properly and spoke to me about a girl from Tesla (didn't want to give me her name) and it seems that the 401 / Brookdale ave exit will be their choice..

Seems like a good choice.

Once they get that built, it might make sense for me to take the long way to Montreal, so I can use the charger. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.