Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 5km short of a daily charge when I plugged in unfortunately, it was mostly for the picture. As soon as I can get the battery depleted I'll post a km/hr and kw reading however any other ways to see if it's a 120kw or 135kw cabinet without having a second tesla on hand? I'm assuming it was the folks up for the VEVA drive I saw after I left heading towards it, sadly I missed you by about 5 min.

In most of the installs, you can peek into the Equipment Enclosure though cracks. You are looking for the label on the angled corner next to the cooling fan outlet. You can see the square labels on the angled corners in the picture of the Squamish equipment below. A little more resolution and we could read them in this picture. I have had pretty good luck holding my iPhone up so the lens can see through the crack, taking a picture and then cropping the picture to the label only. Have fun scouting!

What's odd is that the post from Tesla announcing the Squamish SC still shows the Chatham SC in the picture. I hope that doesn't go away, as it will help with trips to Detroit / Windsor.

I hope Chatham doesn't go away either. It seems that Tesla is forgetting that Canadians travel to the U.S., and vice versa.
The Chatham supercharger is important for travel to the U.S.

Seems I'll have to spend a night in a hotel when I go to Chicago this year rather than doing it in one day on the supercharger network.

Still glad that Canada has its first supercharger :smile:

Congrats to Squamish, BC, West Canada, and Canada in its totality for the first supercharger! This was a painful story to watch. I'd never hoped to see 10 superchargers in Germany before the 1st one opens up in Canada. But hang on, things will start to move faster from now on.

Congrats to Squamish, BC, West Canada, and Canada in its totality for the first supercharger! This was a painful story to watch. I'd never hoped to see 10 superchargers in Germany before the 1st one opens up in Canada. But hang on, things will start to move faster from now on.

Thank you for the kind words, a bit of door mat policy, we Canadians are used to it.
A bitter sweet rejoice to our first Supercharger. Super !!!

So....Belleville and Brockville aren't even on the 2015 plans now? Don't we need a potential stop between Kingston and Toronto (or Kingston and Montreal)? Especially for 60 drivers and especially for 60 drivers in the winter???

I always thought those two were too close to Kingston and need to be more or less halfway points, but nothing at all is a disaster isn't it?

I hope Chatham doesn't go away either. It seems that Tesla is forgetting that Canadians travel to the U.S., and vice versa.
The Chatham supercharger is important for travel to the U.S.

Seems I'll have to spend a night in a hotel when I go to Chicago this year rather than doing it in one day on the supercharger network.

Yep. This is truly disappointing. I recently went to Chicago and it cost me more than it would have in an ICE... because of hotel stays on the way there and back. I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Windsor in both directions. From there, I can make it to/from my destination about an hour n/w of Chicago with just one Supercharger stop in Angola, IN. If Chatham was in, it would be an easy day's drive.

It boggles my mind that this section of the 401, which is three lanes (at least, and is being widened in sections) with arguably more traffic than the east of Toronto section is being given such low priority.

So....Belleville and Brockville aren't even on the 2015 plans now? Don't we need a potential stop between Kingston and Toronto (or Kingston and Montreal)? Especially for 60 drivers and especially for 60 drivers in the winter???

I always thought those two were too close to Kingston and need to be more or less halfway points, but nothing at all is a disaster isn't it?
That's what I was thinking yesterday... They have to have a supercharger every 250km in my opinion.

Congratulations to all you long-suffering tropical Canadians on your first SpC - and here's hoping this ultra-long thread FINALLY can be parsed into various location-sites...you know, as in the way the REST of the world works ;)

It looks like the supercharger is going to be at Woodstock which would be too far to Maumee for comfort in the winter.

Not to mention making the trip to Chicago "longer" in the summer as well. With Chatham, you could drive (in an 85) from Toronto to Chatham, then Angola then Chicago. With Woodstock, you'd have to use Maumee then likely Mishawaka to get there. They really need something in the Waterloo to Woodstock area, London and Chatham at a minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like London (near the junction of 401 and 402) on the supercharger map on the Tesla website, but it looks more like Woodstock in the map posted in this thread. But then, the map in this thread also has Chatham, so maybe they dropped Chatham and moved the planned Woodstock one to London.

London will be necessary for travel to the US via Sarnia/Port Huron via 402 once more of the Michigan Superchargers are in.

Thanks! That shouldn't be bad when we have a Kingston supercharger. From Kingston to Tesla SC in Toronto is around 251km.

That's cutting it real close though. I was thinking if that's the final plan, people like me will be thinking buy the 85 or buy the 60 with no SC option and save the 12 grand ($10,700 plus tax), and use ICE for out of town trips. Maybe it's just me though, as I only go to Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal (from Kingston) maybe 6-8 times a year.

In most of the installs, you can peek into the Equipment Enclosure though cracks. You are looking for the label on the angled corner next to the cooling fan outlet. You can see the square labels on the angled corners in the picture of the Squamish equipment below. A little more resolution and we could read them in this picture. I have had pretty good luck holding my iPhone up so the lens can see through the crack, taking a picture and then cropping the picture to the label only. Have fun scouting!
2014-07-13 11.28.39.jpg

Here you go! :)

Today we had 4 of 6 stalls in use!

Status
Not open for further replies.