Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good time, met a bunch of owners, including Tam all the way from Boston! I was standing in a bad spot for photos, sun saturated a lot of them, but here's a good sample of Squamish and the event.

IMG_8760s.jpg

Anyone from Canada at TMC Connect that could dig for some additional information about our SCs?

No-one here has any more information than that we have received from a very-well-placed Tesla source in the past few weeks (and posted in this thread). The only Tesla representative here was Diarmud O'Connell, and he was not very informative about anything new, frankly. Sorry!

Well thats not normal. /pun I was at the Squamish Supercharger today with a low charge to attempt to get a high km/hr and this was the highest I saw.

371V x 269A = 99.8 kW That is pretty good at a 34% battery level. If you really want to see maximum charge rates, try to arrive with 50 km or less in the battery.

The km/hr charge rates displayed are the average for the charge session, always optimistic towards the end of a longer charge with taper. I have found that 300 Wh/rated mile for DC charging from a Supercharger is pretty accurate. That is 300/1.609 or 186.45 Wh/km. In your case 99.8kW/186.45Wh/km = 535 km/hr for your instantaneous charge rate; you were already starting to taper a little...

The km/hr charge rates displayed are the average for the charge session, always optimistic towards the end of a longer charge with taper. [..]

...and always pessimistic at the start, because it seems that they are doing a time average that includes the ramp up time. So if it takes 30 seconds, say, from plug in to full power, you'll see half of the actual rate after 1 minute, and 2/3s of it at 90 seconds, and 3/4 of it at 2 minutes. I don't know why they do this. Why not start the calculation AFTER the current is ramped up?

btw, Cottonwood, your posts are always very interesting and helpful wrt technical details. I really appreciate your taking the time to comment.

(I currently have a LOT of time to comment as I'm going west from Toronto and, it may shock you all to learn, there are no Superchargers in Ontario. :) )

Well thats not normal. /pun I was at the Squamish Supercharger today with a low charge to attempt to get a high km/hr and this was the highest I saw.
View attachment 54200

Hello! I tried many ways with my iPhone 5 to get that kind of screenshot but never been able to get it

Anyone can tell me what to do to get screenshot on iPhone of Tesla charging status?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hello! I tried many ways with my iPhone to get that kind of screenshot but never been able to get it

Anyone can tell me what to do to get screenshot on iPhone of Tesla charging status?

Thanks in advance!
I'm assuming that wasn't an Iphone screen shot but with an IPhone you can press the home button and the on/off switch simultaneously and it will create a screen shot in your camera roll.

Press and hold the home and lock buttons simultaneously and it should take a screenshot on any device running iOS. I started my charge at 66km and it slowly crept up in km/hr, if i'm ever below 50km I'll pay attention to the kw rate.

In the summer, I have also found that if the battery is hot (some unknown combo of hot weather and/or fast, hard driving), it takes the battery a while to cool down and get the full charge rate. You may do better this winter... All of this is to protect the expensive battery, and it's still soooo... much faster than a HAL2.

Enjoy your drives!

Status
Not open for further replies.