Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supercharger.jpg
Just passed by the Lawrence Av. Service Center and took a snapshot. It should be ready in 2 weeks time (fingers crossed) a celebration is in order, isn't it?

My Tesla advisor (or whatever you want to call it) wrote me back yesterday... Casselman is in the plan (was surprised b/c we almost never spoke about this one). I was asking him if with the new Montréal site they would put SC's over there, with a «vague» yes (no) he wrote to me that Toronto-Kingston-Cornwall-Drummundville (the Québec - Windsor corridor) AND Casselman was priority before Montréal.

So Casselman is coming soon I guess...

In the letter from Cal at Tesla, he says:

Did he really mean Cornwall and Toronto (which we know are under construction), or is this new good news about Kingston?

Theres no way Kingston will be that soon. Checked this week and they have only just put beams up for one of the 15 units going in. Area will be under major construction for the next 6-12 weeks. I can't see them opening a SC until its nearly finished. I'll keep popping by every week or so though.

Update on Cornwall with pics: Yesterday on my way home to the Greater Horseshoe area from a stay in Montreal, I took the happy time-limited opportunity to look - on the same day - at all of Canada's Supercharger sites currently under construction (i.e. both of them :) ).

It was truly exciting to see first-hand Cornwall's 6 charging spots at the Ramada taking very clear form!

1. Overview of the whole site from the Brookdale Ave sidewalk above it. A good group of healthy green tress is included!
2014-08-15 17.37.07 25%.jpg

2. Close-up of the transformer-related work and 2 of the charging stations
2014-08-15 17.38.08 25%.jpg

3. All 6 charging stations nicely lined up
2014-08-15 17.28.22 25%.jpg

4. Signature...
2014-08-15 17.32.25 25%.jpg

Later that evening, in Toronto, I could see only transformer-related construction, as per photo posted above by catnip.

Status
Not open for further replies.