Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canceled my Model 3 Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh this is just a cancelled cancellation request with the screenshot taken prior to cancelling cancellation :)
Tesla seem to be hitting all the right spots with this car. In the coming days we are going to see many more desperate attempts from the competition not just VW.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
I had high hopes for it... but no gauges is ridiculous. Pass.

upload_2017-6-16_23-36-48.png

Wayyyy too easy but I'll bite.

*Manual transmission -- How can I lean back, both feet flat on the ground on the long commutes, being able to crack open a can of beer and relax? I'm getting used to the robot taxi idea even though I like driving.

*Sportwagen - Model 3 can get to 0-60 TWICE in the time it takes your little econobox to get there once.

*Fuel Economy - You win. Model 3 gets 0 miles per gallon of gasoline. Kind of unfair since it doesn't take gasoline.

*Massive torque - Model 3 is half way to next light before your wheels even begin to spin.

*Tax payer subsidies - I'm ok with paying the EV subsidy for your Model 3. If you don't want me to, you can pay for mine and everyone else here. ;)

"Different" in your case is just a political correct way of saying "special". "Special" is not a always a good thing to be.

I hope Elon permanently bans you from ever being able to buy a Tesla. Take it off your consideration list. As a TSLA share holder, I'd rather we miss the Q number by one car than sell it to someone who wouldn't appreciate it.

Also, a Model 3 towing your VW Econobox around would beat that Porsche GT4 you find so interesting. And it can do it without gauges too! LOL

Last edited:
Canceling the Model 3 is one thing. Choosing a highly polluting diesel from the criminal organization that is VW? That's something else. And when is ~45 mpg fantastic? Or 236 lb-ft of torque is massive? The Chevy Bolt has 266 lb-ft of torque and 119 MPGe. And the Model 3's base performance specs are better than the Bolt's. Add to it the commentary about tax payer subsidies, and I'm thinking the OP was never serious about getting a Model 3. Oh, and to get those performance numbers it requires the 2.0 liter turbo diesel (cough, cough) and that's extra cost, putting the price closer to starting at $25k. Add in some basic safety equipment and so forth, and the price difference after incentives with the Model 3 is pretty small.

I'm currently on vacation back to driving a manual Diesel (BMW 118d) after more than three years in an i3. I assume the OP has never driven an EV, the "massive torque Diesel" feels incredibly weak compared to even a very slight press on the i3s accelerator pedal. Sure, the TDI might be a bit quicker, but there is a fundamental technical issue that manual or automatic transmissions work around. The gauges are of course needed in ICEs otherwise you would not know why the engine is reacting so slowly.

Thanks for allowing me and others to move up one spot.

Um yeah. I can go anywhere in the U.S. 24/7 and 365 days a year as there are diesel gas stations EVERYWHERE. No need to wait for my car to charge or be worried of running out of a charge and being SOL. I didn't think this was a discussion on Hondas. Thought this was a Model 3 forum-- you know- the car with a battery with a limited range?
I've been a Model S driver for three and a half years now, and I can FACTUALLY attest that I am approximately as worried about running out of a charge as ICE drivers are of running out of gas -- however I haven't run out of charge, unlike the thousands of people who run out of gas each year. We have done many long distance trips. While we do "wait" for 20-30 minutes supercharging every 3-4 hours, that "wait" time is taken up with getting a coffee, lunch, or going for a walk... which has the added side benefit of far, far less driver fatigue at the end of the day. I actually like that way of travelling better, and an ICE would only arrive at the evening destination about 1-1.5 hours ahead of me. Peanuts on a long trip, and I don't see driving 3-4 hours at highway speed (or... *ahem* slightly above) as "limited range".

I sense the OP has a hidden agenda that has nothing to do with gauges.

Sometimes it's good to have exposure to people with a different mindset. Being around copies of yourself (e.g. Tesla Fanboys) is not healthy.
Driving a TDI from that pathetic lying excuse of a ripoff company isn't healthy either, and the difference is, hearing (not necessarily *listening to*) fanboys of any stripe won't kill you but a VW will. Then of course, there are the anti-fanboys who spout off about VW TDIs being a good choice.

I'm not sure I like the Model 3 center-screen-only design either, but I'll wait until a test drive to see what real impact, if any, it has.

Um yeah. I can go anywhere in the U.S. 24/7 and 365 days a year as there are diesel gas stations EVERYWHERE. No need to wait for my car to charge or be worried of running out of a charge and being SOL. I didn't think this was a discussion on Hondas. Thought this was a Model 3 forum-- you know- the car with a battery with a limited range?
Masterful use of the straw man argument there. Sounds like you were not ready to be a buyer of any EV.

Canceling the Model 3 is one thing. Choosing a highly polluting diesel from the criminal organization that is VW? That's something else. And when is ~45 mpg fantastic? Or 236 lb-ft of torque is massive? The Chevy Bolt has 266 lb-ft of torque and 119 MPGe. And the Model 3's base performance specs are better than the Bolt's. Add to it the commentary about tax payer subsidies, and I'm thinking the OP was never serious about getting a Model 3. Oh, and to get those performance numbers it requires the 2.0 liter turbo diesel (cough, cough) and that's extra cost, putting the price closer to starting at $25k. Add in some basic safety equipment and so forth, and the price difference after incentives with the Model 3 is pretty small.
Haha! TDIs, yesterday's tech!
To me the exterior of most car designs last for years. However, the interior of cars age the fastest and make me want to buy a new car. With the single screen and clean and modern interior of the 3, aging will be much less of an issue over the air updates help too. Can't wait!!

Reactions: Shock-On-T and cdub
You know, while OP's post is stupid and an obvious grab for attention, it's disappointing to see the level of agree or die on this forum. It reminds me of a less toxic version of the_donald. Oh, and just so you guys can sleep at night, I'm keeping my res and will 90% be likely to buy the car.

Reactions: ikjadoon
You know, while OP's post is stupid and an obvious grab for attention, it's disappointing to see the level of agree or die on this forum. It reminds me of a less toxic version of the_donald. Oh, and just so you guys can sleep at night, I'm keeping my res and will 90% be likely to buy the car.
Pretty sure no one said anything about wanting him to die. But when a troll posts a highly inflammatory post on an enthusiast forum, there’s going to be some pushback. I’ve found this forum to be, in general, very respectful.

Looked back at a couple of initial posts from joe12pack in 2013. I don't think he originally came to TMC with bad intentions. From his first or second post he states, "Will I choose the road to financial damnation for the joys of acceleration felt by only by a handful of people since humans have walked the earth? Stay tuned." The verdict is in, guess now we'll be seeing you in the rear view joe!

• Helpful
Reactions: Lem89
I'm currently on vacation back to driving a manual Diesel (BMW 118d) after more than three years in an i3. I assume the OP has never driven an EV, the "massive torque Diesel" feels incredibly weak compared to even a very slight press on the i3s accelerator pedal. Sure, the TDI might be a bit quicker, but there is a fundamental technical issue that manual or automatic transmissions work around. The gauges are of course needed in ICEs otherwise you would not know why the engine is reacting so slowly.

Thanks for allowing me and others to move up one spot.

We have both an electric and a newer diesel powered car, and the diesel feels ancient compared to the EV. It has a lot of torque, but still feels a lot slower than the electric car.

Reactions: Shock-On-T
Curious timing why anyone would cancel so close to the final reveal, when all or most of the specs and final configuration will be know. As many have comment and observed, what Tesla is likely going to deliver is largely what was shown in the 1st reveal over a year ago. It remains a compelling car, regardless of whether a portion of the population won't be accepting of the design decisions.

This. I am actually close to cancelling mine (due to the potential that the "one vent to rule them all" won't be directionally adjustable), but there is no reason for me to not wait out the reveal and get all the info at this point.

But I have one Model S now and another on the way, so I am already enjoying Tesla driving to its fullest.

Reactions: Lem89 and strykeroz
The funny part is that your post chastising everyone else, also calls him stupid and narcissistic (in so many words). :) Hard to resist, isn't it!

Bottom line, most of us make decisions not to buy stuff throughout our lives, but feel no need to jump on an enthusiasts' forum, announce our attention, defend it over the lack of an unnecessary feature, and presume to know better than everyone else. It's a ridiculous post & it has been answered in kind.

(For the record, my son has decided to give up my reservation that I offered to him. He wants it, but with a new baby on the way, they've decided no new expenditures for the immediate future. He didn't make up a silly reason to justify. Just 'Shouldn't do it right now, Mom.' But my daughter is thrilled. My point being I doubt it's 'no gauges' that caused the OP to cancel and get out. It could be financial, it could be he recognized he's not ready for the new tech and is clinging to the familiar. I don't know. But I suspect his stated reason is just the one he's using publicly because he doesn't want to publicly state the real reason.)

Op made original post just to rile people. Tesla added 3 reservations in the time it took him to cancel his. Or antisold 1 of the reservations to an S or whatever.

It's just acting up to draw attention "look at me!"

My five year old does that from time to time.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV and hckyplyr