Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot download latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For whatever reason, my X won't download the latest update; not that there is that much in the update, apparently, but I'm wondering why it won't update.

When I access the Software Update screen, I see the update bar and it says 'Downloading in Progress;' but the bar is green all the way across but nothing is downloading.

I don't know how to reinitiate a download, or whatever. I have tried resetting the system (holding down the two scroll buttons) a couple of times, but the situation persists. Any ideas as to what is going on?

Bob

You are on a strong Wi-Fi connection?
The car does download the update and then processes it for quite a while I have heard. How long has it been?
If it has been a matter of days, with good Wi-Fi, I'd contact the Service Center. Through the Tesla app with Firmware as the reason seems to work. They may be able to fix it remotely.

That has not been my experience. If an update is available on the app and I click OK it downloads and then installs it. I can see the additional traffic on my router after I click the OK button on the update prompt.

I think if you check the download statistics from your router or Wifi equipment, you will see a few hundred MB downloaded before the button shows up. Happened to me again that way, just moments ago. This was for an update to 2019.28.3 (I had 28.2 prior). At 238 MB, smaller than most. The car had been home for about an hour.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 20.24.01.png

This happened to me today. But i dont have an option to download it on my phone app. I tried both resets and a power off. Still shows downloading in progress at about 50% (i should mention i never approved an update to begin with it was just there this morning.) Right now the car is just gonna sit in the garage (excellent wifi signal) and if it doesnt finish by tomorrow morning i will schedule service thru the app.

I had the same problem, the download bar was stuck at 98% for a week i tried all resets, it disappeared alone after a couple of day. Update wasn’t done. Called the service center and they said my carbis showing its blacklisted.... no clue why they said it’s a bug and i have to be ptient it will get resolved alone... still didn’t since two weeks