Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot log into YouTube account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have searched and have yet to find a solution. There are several threads in the Model 3 forum, but the solutions listed in those threads do not work for my 2020 Model S LR+ on 2020.12.1.

When in theater mode, I try to log into YouTube and get the following message "This browser or app may not be secure. Learn More (link). Try using a different browser. If you're already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in."

Has anyone else had this issue and been able to find a solution to log in?

What happens when you try to login to any Google product in the web browser? Gmail or anything, even YouTube.. not in theater mode.

If you receive the same error, are you sure you don't have a secure login feature enabled on your Google account?

What happens when you try to login to any Google product in the web browser? Gmail or anything, even YouTube.. not in theater mode.

If you receive the same error, are you sure you don't have a secure login feature enabled on your Google account?

I get the same message when attempting to log into google account via the browser as well. I just tried to change the settings in my Google account to allow less secure apps, and am still getting the same message.

Any other suggestions? Can everyone else log into thier Google accounts on the Tesla Browser?

I got it to work by logging into TMC on the in car browser using Google credentials. YouTube is browser based too so once you do that it should work. But I quickly realized it also enables access to my Gmail and other Google apps. I kind of cherish that data so I have since deleted the account access on my car. So no solution available for me right now.

I did do this back when I was on 2020.8.something. LR+.

I got it to work by logging into TMC on the in car browser using Google credentials. YouTube is browser based too so once you do that it should work. But I quickly realized it also enables access to my Gmail and other Google apps. I kind of cherish that data so I have since deleted the account access on my car. So no solution available for me right now.

I did do this back when I was on 2020.8.something. LR+.

Are you saying that you use "Log in with Google Account" on your TMC profile on a daily basis? I use email and password, not Google Authentication but that is an interesting idea. I will try that with my OfferUp, which I do use Google Auth.

Are you saying that you use "Log in with Google Account" on your TMC profile on a daily basis? I use email and password, not Google Authentication but that is an interesting idea. I will try that with my OfferUp, which I do use Google Auth.
Yes. In my experience most sites will let you log in with Google on the existing email/password account as long as it's based on the same Google email.