Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot Read Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I drive a P85D and recently upgraded to the second gen infotainment system (Atom processor). As a result I can no longer read the release notes and see only a blank page and an endlessly spinning dial that never accesses the page. I have tried both a soft reset and power cycle, without any luck. I am running Version 2022.24.5. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi all. I drive a P85D and recently upgraded to the second gen infotainment system (Atom processor). As a result I can no longer read the release notes and see only a blank page and an endlessly spinning dial that never accesses the page. I have tried both a soft reset and power cycle, without any luck. I am running Version 2022.24.5. Thanks for any suggestions.

Is this happening after a software update, or at any given moment?

This particular issue is quite common after software updates. The release notes are displayed by the in-car web browser, which as you know, is quite terrible (a bit less terrible on MCU2 vehicles), but still quite bad overall.

What I usually do after a software update is swipe down the blank page where the release notes should be, and then restart the MCU with a two scroll-wheel reset. As soon as the MCU is back up and running, I go to Controls -> Software -> Release Notes.

On my 2017 Model S with MCU2 and on my wife's 2019 Raven Model X with MCU2, we've never had any issue displaying the Release Notes on any other day. They do tend to be absent after software updates, but they are always available afterwards.

Upvote 0
Is this happening after a software update, or at any given moment?

This particular issue is quite common after software updates. The release notes are displayed by the in-car web browser, which as you know, is quite terrible (a bit less terrible on MCU2 vehicles), but still quite bad overall.

What I usually do after a software update is swipe down the blank page where the release notes should be, and then restart the MCU with a two scroll-wheel reset. As soon as the MCU is back up and running, I go to Controls -> Software -> Release Notes.

On my 2017 Model S with MCU2 and on my wife's 2019 Raven Model X with MCU2, we've never had any issue displaying the Release Notes on any other day. They do tend to be absent after software updates, but they are always available afterwards.
Thanks "Art" -- how's the latex business treating you? :). Unfortunately, I had no luck following your suggestion. I am still looking at a blank white screen and I tried this right next to my router with full Wi-Fi signal strength. I had the MCU2 processor put in a few weeks ago and have not been able to access the release notes since that time. The car did successfully download to the current version after the MCU-2 install, and hopefully its just the release notes that I cannot see. I am going to bring this into Tesla as I am concerned that the MCU-2 upgrade might pose other problems. Already I learned that my vehicle was too old for the upgrade in one small aspect -- it will not run the new car colorizer that is in one of the new software versions. It's not a big deal but I am learning that the infotainment upgrade does not necessarily provide owners with the same feature set if their car is too old.

Upvote 0
Car colorizer was just made available to legacy S models in the version you just installed.
I know but my P85D will not
Car colorizer was just made available to legacy S models in the version you just installed.
Understand that this was part of the update. But it doesn’t work on my P85D and Tesla told me that it won’t work on my model year vehicle based on some build issue.

Upvote 0
While it is handy to have the release notes in the car, I only use them for reference. There ate generally too many updates to read once. Using the links to updates I provided above you can read the updates that will apply to your vehicle in your spare time days before you receive it in your car. No sense in sitting there reading ithe notes when you download and install the update.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
For instance, selecting the most current update 2022.24.8. One of the new features it shows is Tesla Profiles. Note it is available only in USA, and only applicable to Models New S, 3, New X, and Y. All new features show applicability.

1663022027503.png

Upvote 0
Oh, I see! It’s on notateslaapp.com. I thought you were saying the various rollout details could be seen on the cars’ screens.
I am suggesting you can learn of the update and release notes well before you receive the update so you can understand the changes without sitting in your car when you are ready to go somewhere trying to figure out what has changed after installing the update.

Upvote 0
I am suggesting you can learn of the update and release notes well before you receive the update so you can understand the changes without sitting in your car when you are ready to go somewhere trying to figure out what has changed after installing the update.
It’s not quite the same. When the notes show in the MCU as it is supposed to, it shows only the features that actually apply to your specific car. As a owner of a 2016.5 (Facelift Model) but with AP1, no side cameras—but with upgraded MCU2 w Atom processor. Its Hard to know what features are applicable to my specific vehicle.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue, yet? Don't mean to intrude on the Model S forum, but this is the only place I can find people talking about it. Ever since I had HW3 retrofit on my 2019 Model 3, I just get an endlessly spinning circle instead of release notes. I've tried:

- Multiple scroll-wheel resets
- Opening the browser before opening the release notes
- Hitting Service > Clear Browser Data

It's persisted through multiple deep sleeps and resets, and two software updates now. I'm wondering if the common denominator between our problems is having retrofits installed, if your started after an MCU retrofit and mine started after a HW3 retrofit.

Upvote 0