Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cannot unlock MXP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is also great info. I messaged my SC and they said they are not able to push firmware updates. They are absolutely clueless!! I even shared your message and they said that it cant be done. Guess i wait for mobile service on the 11th to fix.
In the app, you need to open a ticket under Roadside (not Service). Used for any “can’t drive” emergency, even if it is stuck in your own driveway.

Actually you can reinstall the software yourself. It is an option after invoking service mode.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jboy210
This is also great info. I messaged my SC and they said they are not able to push firmware updates. They are absolutely clueless!! I even shared your message and they said that it cant be done. Guess i wait for mobile service on the 11th to fix.

I've really had it with the incompetence from Tesla. Especially with an issue that seems to be such an easy fix and doesnt require anything other than an over the air update.
The SC might be correct. I had a failed update too once. If the car has a failed update, sometimes they cannot push a new update. The solution was to disconnect the LV battery and charging connection in the frunk, so it was a hard reset. After the reset, the new update was able to be pushed.

Just wanted to provide you all a final update in case anyone is interested or has this problem with their X in the future. Apparently the VCSEC, vehicle service module failed and was replaced. They gave me 2 new keys and verified that the vehicle responded to them both as well as the OTA remote start. Was able to fix at Tesla in one day after having it towed to them.

Hopefully i don't run into more frustrating issues like this anytime soon. Just happy i wasn't on a trip when this occurred.

Thanks to you all for your comments and suggestions.

Just wanted to provide you all a final update in case anyone is interested or has this problem with their X in the future. Apparently the VCSEC, vehicle service module failed and was replaced. They gave me 2 new keys and verified that the vehicle responded to them both as well as the OTA remote start. Was able to fix at Tesla in one day after having it towed to them.

Hopefully i don't run into more frustrating issues like this anytime soon. Just happy i wasn't on a trip when this occurred.

Thanks to you all for your comments and suggestions.
Have you taken another update to ensure that it does not break something?

IMG_3942.jpeg

And the hits continue. You just can’t make this stuff up.