Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cant sign in APP! (error)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been signed out of my account on the app occasionaly and randomly.

unable to log into my account on TESLA app. (re-installed app, reset password)

I get error:
"Failed to log in. Please try again later.
(EUNSPECIFIED)failed to...

Back when I could sign in the app would randomly sign me out.
I cant touch the window to gae any more info in the error with ...
Of course I have found no way to call or get help from tesla on weekends or after "hours"

im using a Galaxy s21 "ultra" w/ andriod 12.
and latest tesla app downloaded yet again.

dont know what else to do!
thanks

Good question I have only tried it at home on the Wi-Fi so far figuring it wouldn't work in the car either

But that's where I mainly use it is from the house anyway.

I will try it away from the house using the LTE. Wonder if it could be a problem using 5g? Guess I'll find out

I've gotten the same error also, twice now. The first time was a few weeks ago, I was stuck and had to go find my card key. Yesterday it happened again while I was out on the road. Nowhere near my home's wifi obviously. I was in the middle of using the app to change the climate settings and it kicked me out and gave me this error.

The first time nothing worked to fix it. I tried clearing cache, reinstalling, and restarting the phone.
The second time I restarted the phone and it worked after that.

Running the latest version of the Tesla app v4.4.2-828 on Android 11.

• Informative
Reactions: int32_t
I've gotten the same error also, twice now. The first time was a few weeks ago, I was stuck and had to go find my card key. Yesterday it happened again while I was out on the road. Nowhere near my home's wifi obviously. I was in the middle of using the app to change the climate settings and it kicked me out and gave me this error.

The first time nothing worked to fix it. I tried clearing cache, reinstalling, and restarting the phone.
The second time I restarted the phone and it worked after that.

Running the latest version of the Tesla app v4.4.2-828 on Android 11.

Try deleting the app, restarting your phone then downloading and reinstalling the app again.

I believe the old app doesn't work anymore. Those that were postponing their updates need to do them now.
This might be the problem I'm having. My iPhone is running iOS 12, and can't run the new Tesla app with the overhauled UI (requires 13/14 or later). The last version of the old app was working fine for me, no complaints, until it booted me out last week.

My old phone and my iPad (iOS 10) are still signed in and still work with the old app, but I need my new(er) iPhone to work with my car! I don't think it's fair to be forced to buy a new phone just to use it as a key for my car. The old app worked fine for me before and continues to work on my even older devices, so it appears that Tesla pulled a plug on the backend, and I'm sour about it. Pretty sure if I sign out of the old phone and iPad, I won't be able to sign in ever again.

If there are a few of us who still need the old app, I'm politely asking Tesla to keep the sign-in infrastructure running for the old app. Please like this post if that's you, or if you think that is worthwhile. In the meantime I will try to find a contact at Tesla … :p

This might be the problem I'm having. My iPhone is running iOS 12, and can't run the new Tesla app with the overhauled UI (requires 13/14 or later). The last version of the old app was working fine for me, no complaints, until it booted me out last week.

My old phone and my iPad (iOS 10) are still signed in and still work with the old app, but I need my new(er) iPhone to work with my car! I don't think it's fair to be forced to buy a new phone just to use it as a key for my car. The old app worked fine for me before and continues to work on my even older devices, so it appears that Tesla pulled a plug on the backend, and I'm sour about it. Pretty sure if I sign out of the old phone and iPad, I won't be able to sign in ever again.

If there are a few of us who still need the old app, I'm politely asking Tesla to keep the sign-in infrastructure running for the old app. Please like this post if that's you, or if you think that is worthwhile. In the meantime I will try to find a contact at Tesla … :p
I used my old phone as a key for the last week and tried logging into the app on my newer (iOS 12) phone occasionally. I tried again today, and to my great excitement, was able to log in once again. 😄

Hallelujah, and I mean it! So nice to not have to use the key card all the time.