Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can't sign into YouTube - Plex fix not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's Chromium..... Needs to be updated....

My Theater has been acting weird for about a month now....

Anything youtube (music/Tv) fills the memory and either starts freezing after about 15 - 30 minutes of watching...

When exiting, it it will also just freeze the screen (full screen) and take about a minute to switch back...

Wish it did for me! I have a 2021 M3 wonder what could be different. Did you just go to the dropbox website and click on the google login?
I went to Dropbox and logged in. It said there was a problem since I have MFA enabled on my Google account. I then clicked the link by the error message in the car's browser and it said notifications (to confirm account login) had been sent to my mobile devices. I didn't receive the notifications right away so I chose the Authenticator option that was also listed on the webpage. I entered the number from my Google Authenticator app and was signed in successfully to Dropbox. I then went to Youtube and was already logged in.

How hard would it be for Tesla to fix it so you can log directly into YouTube without all of these workarounds? No wonder people don't trust using FSD.

I’m thinking that the software engineers working on FSD aren’t the same ones who are involved with infotainment. But they might be the same group that works on standard autopilot, which I use for nearly half of my driving. People seem to trust that just fine.

I agree that it’s probably something that isn’t difficult to correct, but everyone has resource constraints. Even Tesla. If you polled M3 drivers on what things in the UI need the most attention, YT authentication probably doesn’t crack the top 5 for most people.

When exiting, it it will also just freeze the screen (full screen) and take about a minute to switch back...
I just tried to see if YT works, and it did... but didn't have a chance to log in. However, the screen also stayed frozen for a minute or so... which brings me to a question: Is there a 'secret menu', or another way to clear cookies/cache on the car, to prevent that? Thx.

Yes same here. Everything disabled and allow less secure apps.

Still no dice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    610.8 KB · Views: 71
I ended up creating a new account and it logged in via plex.tv.... managed to shared my Stadia to the new account and it worked but is janky as. I dont know whether disabling MFA and allowing less secure apps needs more time to actually work but with a new account working I can manage that.

Yes same here. Everything disabled and allow less secure apps.

Still no dice.
Maybe try going the other direction. I had two factor authentication enabled and didn't set Google to allow less secure apps and was able to connect my accounts without any problem. As I mentioned before, when I tried logging in via Dropbox, a notification was sent to my phone. I confirmed it and was then logged into Dropbox. I also tried it by using Google's Authenticator app and was able to log in as well. I then went to Youtube and was already logged in.