Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car adjusting speed for Speed Limits ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back during lockdown I tested a road that goes 50/60/70 since nobody was on it and more confidence nobody was going to get hurt. It came out of a 70 stretch to 50 doing 70, and kept doing 70 (whilst reading 50 speed limit on the dash), until I chickened out about a minute later..

My habit with AP though is just to hold the right stick down until it syncs as I pass through limit changes. That's reliable and somewhat safer - it changes *late* but it changes. People have been asking for speed changes before the limit for as long as I've owned a Tesla and likely much longer.

It looks like you've quoted an old post, but mine will do that on some roads, but not others. We have 2 way roads with a 60 limit and it works fine, if you go up a class of road to a divided carriageway (each direction has its own road with a physical barrier between), it stops working for me.
@NorfolkMustard 😊Thanks for responding. Good point about the class of roads. Interesting. I will need to observe this and understand.

If you don’t want to post a picture, Can you please post your autopilot settings for “Set Speed”, “Speed limit” and “TACC”

Thanks,
C1