Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Insurance Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really depends on your age, location and insurance history.

This is the quote I have from RACV.
We live in Regional Victoria and Insurance history is perfect.

1700378226341.png

I just got my renewal for my 2022 Tesla model 3 RWD through Allianz and it has gone from $102 p/m up to 201 p/m with no claims.
Has anyone had any cheaper prices recently?
I'm located in South Australia.
Here's my Suncorp policy Tesla MYLR for 77y.o. male with no accident history, include glass replacement and hire car for any event.

Attachments

• Suncorp Policy.pdf
    80.3 KB · Views: 167
I've shopped around many times for mine because each year it becomes more painful when the renewal arrives, sadly I've either run into not going to cover it to more expensive than who I'm with.
Someone mentioned Rollin insurance, here's an example of the pain I am faced with, this was their quote.
Car is garaged, less than 10,000kms per year, zero claims, over 50 driver and they still want $4,300 a year!

I did quiz my current insurance company on the last renewal why it went up so much (I have a Model-S), the short answer was they are VERY expensive cars to repair (even basic damage fixes), parts supply is a problem therefore insurance provided loan cars are needed for long periods even though I don't have the loan car option, WTF!
So unfortunately it's one of those things, even though your own situation is low risk from an insurance perspective that is not really taken into account, instead they just look at averages from your suburb, driver profile and vehicle type and the sins of others.

Reactions: B3AU
I've shopped around many times for mine because each year it becomes more painful when the renewal arrives, sadly I've either run into not going to cover it to more expensive than who I'm with.
Someone mentioned Rollin insurance, here's an example of the pain I am faced with, this was their quote.
Car is garaged, less than 10,000kms per year, zero claims, over 50 driver and they still want $4,300 a year!

I did quiz my current insurance company on the last renewal why it went up so much (I have a Model-S), the short answer was they are VERY expensive cars to repair (even basic damage fixes), parts supply is a problem therefore insurance provided loan cars are needed for long periods even though I don't have the loan car option, WTF!
So unfortunately it's one of those things, even though your own situation is low risk from an insurance perspective that is not really taken into account, instead they just look at averages from your suburb, driver profile and vehicle type and the sins of others.
I found MBinsurance via my broker to be the most competative for model S recently. it was a couple of months ago so who knows if they still are.

Reactions: P100D_Me
If it makes you feel any better:

"As for insuring the i5 eDrive 40, our insurer quoted $5570 based on a comparative quote for a 35-year-old male living in Chatswood, NSW."
My merc eqe is insured for 3 times the value of my model s. Same garage, same two drivers, same insurance company via the same broker with renewal 1 month apart. The eqe has more power and unlike the 4.5 year old S is a new for old policy. The eqe is $20 cheaper per annum. I can only assume that it is therefore a problem of tesla’s own making.

I would love to see the breakdown of those policies.
$800 is unheard of for a Tesla, let alone one in Brisbane.
Vehicle Excess From km PA Agreed Premium PA
2015 S 85 $1500 Mar 23 10-15k $65000 $890.37
2020 3 LR $1500 Sep 23 10-15k $69600 $879.62
2023 Y RW $1500 Aug 23 10-15k $68600 $808.50

I am in the Sunshine coast hinterland and in my 70s.
All vehicles have glass covered with no excess.
All owned from new.

Reactions: gazpachopolice
Alliance or Allianz? Geniune question because I will make some inquiries.

My enquiry quote with Allianz was $3,745 per year, 2017 P100D, always garaged, limited kms, no claims etc so you have done very well if that is the same company.
Allianz - I can't spell. Every year I re-quote as they all put the prices up. Also, I think the 'P' frightens them.

Reactions: P100D_Me