Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car only sleeping for short periods on 2023.40.30.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 model y long range is only sleeping for short periods.

my 2023 model 3 rwd sleeps just fine but is on 2023.44.30.5.1
1000008069.jpg

I would make a service appointment. I had the same problem with my 2018 model 3 and it took more than a year for them to figure it out.

It turned out to be a faulty charge port.

The next thing they will ask is to remove Teslafi because it could be polling and causing the insomnia.

Regardless, service is a lot more experienced now at solving these issues.

Is Sentry on? Are you accessing the vehicle through the app? Something is waking it up.

I’ve not used the car today, it’s in the garage with Sentry off. At 12:15am it woke up and checked the charge level. About 9:00am I opened the door a put some items in the car I need tomorrow. Other than that, it’s been sleeping all day.

View attachment 1004217
It would not go to sleep at all with a red Sentry dot on idle if sentry mode was on

• Informative
Reactions: fholbert
I'm on 2023.44.30.8 and began experiencing the same behaviour since ± last Tuesday. I have TeslaFi but it was never an issue...

Sometimes it will sleep for an hour, some other times it will just sleep a minute before waking up again, some other times it will sleep for a few hours... Last car update is a month ago, but there has been some app updates recently, maybe it's linked?

1707765031358.png