Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Rental Companies? (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

daniel

May 7, 2009
Kihei, HI
Does anyone know if car rental companies will have the Model 3 early on, before all the reservation-holders have had their chance to buy it? Or will they be unable to get them until we all have ours? I can see the logic of making the rental companies wait, because we ordinary buyers have been waiting so long. But I'd really like a chance to rent one for a couple of days to help me decide if I want to part with my Roadster for the more technologically advanced, but less thrilling Model 3. I know that if I am given a chance to test drive one, it will be a short drive, because they won't have a lot of demos at first. A couple of days with the car would really let me decide.

So, will rental companies have them?

You'll be able to find them on Turo. it's likely you already can in some places.

But that said there's no incentive at the moment for them to try and help people who are undecided right now. They will be supply-constrained for a damned long time.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
It seems fair to guess that car rental places can place a reservation, just like the Tesla board and all the minions.
It will be curious to see if any rental place was forward thinking; certainly some of them already own Tesla and can join the early queue