Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car settled onto parking curb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week I stopped in a McDonald's carpark and parked with the front of the car over the concrete parking curb which served as the tyre stop.
When I started to drive off later the bottom of the front skirt of my S75D scraped across the concrete. The car must have lowered itself as I definitely did not scrape when parking earlier.

When you raise the car it automatically remembers that location or vicinity of location. If you had raised previously there of within a couple of blocks it automatically raises when you are there again, unless you cancel the auto location each time.

Yes, but I hadn't knowingly raised the car.
Maybe this is my problem, because from time to time the car raises itself and I don't know why..

It happens often to vehicles if the clearance is only millimetres to start with, even without air suspension, tyres may cool down and settle slightly, more passengers causes lower car, only 1-2 millimetres but still enough to scrape or even tear off the front bodywork.