Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Show Poster: Draft

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ended up just going with a homemade poster that had less info(but a bit easier to read at a distance).

I have to say the carshow was a blast though. Talked to about 100-120 people many who had never heard about Tesla before. Was great to share info about Tesla, EVs and maybe even plant the seed for some future owners :). Highly recommend placing the poster in the frunk as it got quite a few double-takes.

17661996394_e8fb2cdd39_o.png

If you get a chance to do a local car show I can't recommend it enough. I got a chance to talk 6 hours of non-stop Tesla which means I was like a kid in a candy store.

Files to print out for Car Show?

We ended up just going with a homemade poster that had less info(but a bit easier to read at a distance).

I have to say the carshow was a blast though. Talked to about 100-120 people many who had never heard about Tesla before. Was great to share info about Tesla, EVs and maybe even plant the seed for some future owners :). Highly recommend placing the poster in the frunk as it got quite a few double-takes.

<snip>

If you get a chance to do a local car show I can't recommend it enough. I got a chance to talk 6 hours of non-stop Tesla which means I was like a kid in a candy store.

Woohoo!!! Our first car show experience is this coming Saturday, in the gorgeous Columbia River Gorge! The annual Gorge Days event is happening this coming Friday and Saturday, July 10-11, with the car show taking place from 10-3 on Saturday. Folks start driving in and registering around 9 a.m., but if you pre-register (deadline in a couple of days, July 7, btw) you get a free t-shirt! :)

gorgedays.net

VVanders, great job on the car show you attended! So, now, we want to do what you did, and that is get a poster board and somehow affix some print-outs to it, and place it in the frunk. I'm looking for something like a ready-made file I can just use, rather than try to create one from scratch. I was hoping that collectively the TMC group will be able to come up with the "latest and greatest" lists of attributes of a Tesla for a purpose such as this. Naturally there would be slight differences, but ours is the 85D. Might be good to have both listed on the same sheet, such as the 85D has this much horsepower (increased via an over-the-air software update, no less!) and the P85D has this. Ideas?

We will be the first EV taking part in this particular Classic Car Show... and hopefully there will be more. Wouldn't it be nice to have EVs take part in ALL the classic car shows?! Joining the cool old cars of the past with the cool ones of the future! :) The event organizer said that if there are enough EVs entered, they'll even create a separate category for us!

Oh, and by the way, I just noticed they've added a list of sponsors for the show -- including the Cannabis Corner, which is actually an entity run by the City of North Bonneville! "America's 1st municipally owned pot shop. " LOL!! I wonder what the prizes for the best cars will include?! LOL

So, with one day to go and no files to print out, I created my own for the poster to be displayed in the frunk. The car show today was a total blast... we were in that one spot from about 9 to 4 -- and pretty much continuously engaged with so many nice, and curious, folks! I concur wholeheartedly with VVanders above, who wrote: "If you get a chance to do a local car show I can't recommend it enough. I got a chance to talk 6 hours of non-stop Tesla which means I was like a kid in a candy store."

The day sped by unbelievably quickly! Because I think lots of folks here might actually sign up for their local car shows, I think it would be pretty wonderful if some easy-to-print-out files are made available for them. What I did was pretty amateurish, but I wanted to simply try to cover some of the most basic questions that folks have, and it worked pretty well. Here are a couple of photos. Notice the DeLorean with the door up? I had fun showing people the image of the Model X on TeslaMotors.com and opening and closing those doors by simply sliding my finger on the image. LOL By the way, the young man had told me he hoped to park next to the Tesla, and we made that happen. Pretty cool! :)

What a fun day! OH!! And the really funny part was as we got home and started unloading the car, our neighbor stopped to say hi, and I told her I wanted to show her the poster I made. As I brought it out to show her, she showed me her phone -- which had a pic of the hamster wheel and poster on it! Her hairdresser had attended the car show and snapped a pic of our frunk -- and texted it to our neighbor, who she knows plans to get a Tesla. LOL!

Tesla_at_first_car_show.jpg
Poster_Board_small.jpg

Is there a newer/better version of this poster already out there? If not, I'm planning to make my own based on it. I'll obviously have to update the Performance specs and Model X year. I'll probably drop the Swap Station info as we're on the East Coast and I don't expect to see one around here for a very long time... if ever. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Is there a newer/better version of this poster already out there? If not, I'm planning to make my own based on it. I'll obviously have to update the Performance specs and Model X year. I'll probably drop the Swap Station info as we're on the East Coast and I don't expect to see one around here for a very long time... if ever. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Go for it...

Mike, I like it! There are a wide range of cars from 70-90, D, not D, etc. Not sure if there's a better way to address that.
Not a single typo I could find!

Mention how many superchargers are installed per continent?
Mention regenerative braking?
Mention OTA software updates?

Tech Guy:
The poster is quoting the P90D Ludicrous specs vs the P85D so I think you may need to modify the header...
Also since the vast majority of S's being ordered are D's I would update the 85 to 85D specs. But then again, I guess this is for you and you have the single engine 85 right?
Nice Job.
Art

Last edited:
Yup, that's right -- I kept the 85 because that's the car I'll have on display. :)

I got the specs from the Design Studio. It's under the P85D logo, but you're right -- it does say "with Ludicrous upgrade." I wouldn't mind switching to a P90D logo, but couldn't find one on the Tesla web site.

Edit: Well, I couldn't find a vector version, anyway... (like they have at the top for 70, 70D, 85, 85D, P85D)

But I did just find a PNG version that would work:
http://static02.www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/configurator/MODELS_20150723/1440/UI/ui_option_br01.png

- - - Updated - - -

Mike, I like it! There are a wide range of cars from 70-90, D, not D, etc. Not sure if there's a better way to address that.
Not a single typo I could find!

Mention how many superchargers are installed per continent?
Mention regenerative braking?
Mention OTA software updates?

I'm sure that typos will only become visible after I have it printed. ;)

I thought about including a Supercharge count, but was concerned with how quickly that might get out of date. I actually typed an item about OTA updates, but dropped it... I had also considered adding a line about Autopilot, but my 85 won't get that update... assuming it ever comes out. ;) When it's actually released, it would be worth mentioning, though.

Mike, the poster looks great.

I would make two suggestions.

First, I would try and scale the 3 car model pictures about the same size (or the Roadster a bit smaller, then the S, and X), and possibly all pointing in the same direction.

Second, for the Model 3, I would put Estimated 200 mile range or Estimated 200+ mile range