Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Show Poster: Draft

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one still catches my eye whenever I see it:

Classic1.png

I love some of the Roadster colors, but I haven't seen one that hits me as strongly.

Yeah, that old 'Vette was pretty sweet. The black LeBaron behind it caught my eye, too. I'll post a couple of detail shots later.

I'm sure there were a lot of great cars there, but I was chained to the S answering questions all morning. By the way, if you do a car show be sure and bring your UMC and plug it in: that's the only way I know to disable the car, a critical safety step.

I'm going to a car show tomorrow. Nothing like procrastinating. lol :)

Thanks for putting this together. Just made some edits (for km and canadian prices). Also added Consumer Reports 99/100 rating (replaced the yahoo autos award).

Just sent it to walmart to print a 20x30. :)

Last edited:
If you don't mind leaving the hood open (and it's common for most of the cars at a show to have the hood open, showing the engine), just put the poster in the frunk and lean it up against the back. Saves you from having to demo the frunk when you're telling people how much storage space the S has, and the 'Look, Ma, no engine!' aspect is a head turner all by itself.

If you don't mind leaving the hood open (and it's common for most of the cars at a show to have the hood open, showing the engine), just put the poster in the frunk and lean it up against the back. Saves you from having to demo the frunk when you're telling people how much storage space the S has, and the 'Look, Ma, no engine!' aspect is a head turner all by itself.

I usually leave the hood closed because folks are always surprised when I open it up. Also having the hood up detracts from the lines of the car. However, I might try that and see the reactions I get.

I went for the cheap / low-tech route: got a 20"x30" foam poster board from Wal*Mart, chunked up the poster into 4 sections and printed on 11x17 paper at home, did a bit of splicing work, and leaned it up against a tire for display purposes.

Total cost: Maybe 3 or 4 bucks if the cost-per-sheet estimates for my laser printer are accurate :cool:
Spectators lured in: Numerous :biggrin:
Questions answered: Not enough! :tongue:

Attached photo isn't the best, I was too busy to take any decent shots, so this is from a photographer who published 100+ shots from the event I attended:
DSC_0215.JPG

I went for the cheap / low-tech route: got a 20"x30" foam poster board from Wal*Mart, chunked up the poster into 4 sections and printed on 11x17 paper at home, did a bit of splicing work, and leaned it up against a tire for display purposes.

Total cost: Maybe 3 or 4 bucks if the cost-per-sheet estimates for my laser printer are accurate :cool:
Spectators lured in: Numerous :biggrin:
Questions answered: Not enough! :tongue:

Attached photo isn't the best, I was too busy to take any decent shots, so this is from a photographer who published 100+ shots from the event I attended:
View attachment 23933

Dflye, for the future: my very nice large photo paper print at Wal-Mart (indistinguishable from a professionally printed poster) cost $9.79...pretty cheap.

Dflye, for the future: my very nice large photo paper print at Wal-Mart (indistinguishable from a professionally printed poster) cost $9.79...pretty cheap.
I hadn't realized that wide format prints were that inexpensive these days, thanks for the tip (as my cut-n-splice work was a bit off in a few places, doh!)

I'm assuming it was laser-printed or some other waterproof printing mechanism, otherwise not much point it taking it home in my mind.

I hadn't realized that wide format prints were that inexpensive these days, thanks for the tip (as my cut-n-splice work was a bit off in a few places, doh!)

I'm assuming it was laser-printed or some other waterproof printing mechanism, otherwise not much point it taking it home in my mind.

Not sure, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, and also by the lower-than-expected price.

I'm going to a car show tomorrow. Nothing like procrastinating. lol :)

Thanks for putting this together. Just made some edits (for km and canadian prices). Also added Consumer Reports 99/100 rating (replaced the yahoo autos award).

Just sent it to walmart to print a 20x30. :)
Can you send me a PM with a copy of your artwork?
I'm going to a car show next month
Thanks