Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Show Poster: Draft

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PreviewScreenSnapz001.png

Love the design Todd made but changed the text at the end a little for the poster I'm printing out. Thanks Todd!

Thought I'd get some feedback before I print it out. Looks like FedEx Kinko's charges about $90 for a decent sized poster

Todd

When is that car show in VA again - early April?

Can you post a link to the event? I may want to come down and perhaps I can get some of my fellow @TeslaRoadTrip drivers to tag along!

Aaron

Right, but I think you should be showing the real base price after tax credit $53,570, which is the price shown on the design studio now. This includes the personal delivery and prep fees. No way to get out of those so might as well be true about real cost.

Good point but I don't think anyone else advertises those fees in base price, do they?

Todd

When is that car show in VA again - early April?

Can you post a link to the event? I may want to come down and perhaps I can get some of my fellow @TeslaRoadTrip drivers to tag along!

Aaron

The car show is (latest I heard) 6-9 PM Friday, April 5. I haven't heard many details about it myself. It's a "Lion's Club Cruz-In". Don't expect a gigantic show with thousands of people, but you're welcome to join!

Here's a page mentioning the Cruz-In, which also has a Flyer. All of those seem to refer to last year's Cruz-In.

BTW, I know nothing about these so can't vouch for how good/busy/large they are.

I've re-uploaded the PSD file and updated the link in the first post. Should be good for awhile again.

By the way, I had this PSD printed as a poster at Walmart. Submitted it online via their website, then picked it up in the store. Cost was about $9.50, and the result was outstanding. Looked like a truly professional poster distributed by Tesla itself!

To see a picture of the printed poster, see this link.

Thanks for the awesome poster. I am attending a show soon and would love to use this poster. I am having an issue with walmart accepting the PSD file. Did you convert it to a jpg? If so do you still have the jpg file. Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

I went to download it and my anti-virus security went wild so I had to abandon! :cursing:
Why is there an .exe being downloaded onto my computer to download a PDF file?
Sorry, but I'm a computer advanced-beginner so just a bit past ignorant to be dangerous! :wink:
Your instincts are serving you well here.

When you first load the page there are multiple download buttons. Interestingly, this particular website gives you "Remove Ads" buttons (while most of the download sites I've tried don't). Click on the X in one of the Remove Ads regions. This takes you to a page that suggests you have to register to download.

At this point, I would normally move along rather than bother progressing. But, since a forum member could use a hand, I stuck around a bit longer.

Click the back button to return to the original page. Now you'll notice a "different looking" link in the middle "Click here to start download from sendspace". Click this link. At this point you should be prompted to save modelSPosterFinal.jpg (3.93 MB), which is a 3675x5475 image.

Hope this helps!

I printed Todd's excellent poster and spray-mounted it to a sheet of cardboard so I'd have something to keep people entertained at this morning's Cars and Coffee show, a monthly gathering of the Northern Colorado Car Club in a strip mall parking lot in Lafayette. There were hundreds of people and nearly as many cars; the event has outgrown the venue in recent months, I hear, though this was the first time I've attended. I didn't see any other Teslas, though I did run into Nigel, who worked at the Tesla showroom in Boulder when I bought my Roadster. He's selling Leafs now.

At any rate, it was a hoot spreading the word about Tesla to a bunch of car nuts and the general public. I think it's fair to say the general sentiment was overwhelmingly favorable, and the folks I talked to were about evenly divided among three groups: people who'd never heard of Tesla, people who know what Model S is but had never seen one in person, and people who have been seeing them on the road lately but had never gotten close to one. There were only one or two who had taken a test drive.

Thanks, Todd!

20130504-_DSC1120.jpg

20130504-_DSC1112-2.jpg