Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car wash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Though most of the brush wash places near me have you park the car in the middle and the washing system moves around the car.

Ugh, those stationary wash systems need to die. The throughput is so pathetic compared to a conveyor chain wash that there's always an endless line-up. I once showed up at one after midnight in sore need of a wash from a long road trip through the country, and there were _still_ several other cars ahead of me. The worst is when a conveyor wash gets pulled out and converted to a stationary wash -- I have no idea how salespeople convince the owners that getting rid of a machine that can do 45 cars an hour and replacing it with one that can do (maybe) 10 is a great value proposition. Apparently you can sell refrigerators at the north pole...

• Funny
Reactions: SalisburySam
I had good luck with Optimum No-Rinse with Wax on my old black VW using the two-bucket method. You don't need a hose—just a bucket full of water, solution, and microfiber cloths, then another bucket to drop the microfiber cloths into as they get soiled. That means you can use warm water in the winter and the amount of water you use is tiny. Haven't tried it yet on either of our Ys, so far do-it-yourself wash bays have done the trick.