Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm totally fine with the minimimalistic dash. In fact, I think it's going to be pretty cool. My one complaint is the wood dash (My apologies in advance, for I assume this has been debated and discussed like crazy in here, but I'm just now starting to post).

In the descriptions of the options for the Model 3, it sounds like the wood dash is a premium option. My question is, do you have to get the wood dash? I'd much prefer a carbon fiber dash, but I don't know if it's possible.

Found on reddit...

1G7krtC.jpg

From this thread - many other "interesting" ones there! Model 3 interior rendering with carbon fiber instead of wood • r/teslamotors

I'm totally fine with the minimimalistic dash. In fact, I think it's going to be pretty cool. My one complaint is the wood dash (My apologies in advance, for I assume this has been debated and discussed like crazy in here, but I'm just now starting to post).

In the descriptions of the options for the Model 3, it sounds like the wood dash is a premium option. My question is, do you have to get the wood dash? I'd much prefer a carbon fiber dash, but I don't know if it's possible.

We don't yet know what the dash will look like with the white interior. But as of right now the wood is the only option we've seen. I'm not a huge fan either. Probably the only real negative I've got on the car.

Reactions: Kacey Green
As mentioned above, the white interior will almost certainly have a different color but probably still wood.

More options will come eventually, or for the impatient it can be cured with cash and custom fabrication or a cheap vinyl wrap.

I'm sure other options will be available at some point, but anyone's guess what they are and when available.

I would like a little darker color wood, more like the obeche that was in the S/X before, but will see how it looks in person. I am thinking of possibly wrapping it in carbon fiber if I don't like it as long as the wrap doesn't look cheap and cheesy.

Reactions: Chewy3
I would like them to make the screen so it can be retracted under the dash with the option for a HUD where voice commands can make selections without using the screen. That would make the dash a lot cleaner and still give the flexibility of using the screen.
Ok....you said the word HUD....you have to go stand in the corner.

wow, the carbon fiber actually looks better. if they put some CF door accents too, the interior probably wouldn't get so many complaints.

Actually, the early reviews seems to indicate that the interior is one of the best features of the Model 3, f.e:

Driving Tesla’s Model 3 Changes Everything

Stepping inside the cabin, I quickly realized that my assumptions had been all wrong. I’ve seen a lot of spy shots of Model 3 prototypes online, and the interiors always appeared to be flat, spartan, and lifeless. Not so. The lack of gauges on the narrow dash is refreshing. The solid strip of open-pore wood gives the space warmth, and the glass roof makes the the cabin feel like an atrium. The forward field of vision—uninterrupted by knobs, lights, and levers—is expansive.

New Tesla Model 3 review

It’s an incredibly elegant cabin with rough-grained wood adorning the dashboard. Minimalism is key with two distinct storage areas in the centre console, plus a glove box.

• Informative
Reactions: kbM3