Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as a anti theft prevention a rfid chip build into the wheels seems like a good idea (as on the GT350), especially when consider the price for them. this would significant lower the aftermarked value.
those who buy these wheels should reqest this from the manufactor.

as a anti theft prevention a rfid chip build into the wheels seems like a good idea (as on the GT350), especially when consider the price for them. this would significant lower the aftermarked value.
those who buy these wheels should reqest this from the manufactor.
I'll call them and see if we can do that - it might be too late if they have already been autoclaved.... Any idea where to buy the RFID chips?

My delivery date is the same as everyone else - April, I bet they batched them...

I'll call them and see if we can do that - it might be too late if they have already been autoclaved.... Any idea where to buy the RFID chips?

My delivery date is the same as everyone else - April, I bet they batched them...

That's a great idea. Let us know how they respond. The Tesla orders are batched -- that's what Victor told me when I ordered.

You can find all things RFID here.

A good portion of my decision to place an order (as opposed to waiting for others to take delivery first) was based on my interactions with Victor. I've found him to be honest with good intentions.

What I fear is that the company he works for does not take their commitments seriously and are using (up) Victor as a buffer from those they make commitments to. I believe Victor is acting with the best of intentions but fear he is not in a position to ensure the commitments he makes are fulfilled.

I once again have a promise for delivery of a sample rim for examination. In addition, I asked ESE to confirm the April delivery for the set of rims and made it clear I was not waiving sample approval nor did I feel that an inability to deliver a sample in a timely fashion was an excuse for missing the company's production promise.

I remain hopeful that ESE will pull this off and that their performance to date is reflective of a company trying hard to do the right thing. The good thing is that we will know for sure in under four weeks.

A good portion of my decision to place an order (as opposed to waiting for others to take delivery first) was based on my interactions with Victor. I've found him to be honest with good intentions.

What I fear is that the company he works for does not take their commitments seriously and are using (up) Victor as a buffer from those they make commitments to. I believe Victor is acting with the best of intentions but fear he is not in a position to ensure the commitments he makes are fulfilled.

I once again have a promise for delivery of a sample rim for examination. In addition, I asked ESE to confirm the April delivery for the set of rims and made it clear I was not waiving sample approval nor did I feel that an inability to deliver a sample in a timely fashion was an excuse for missing the company's production promise.

I remain hopeful that ESE will pull this off and that their performance to date is reflective of a company trying hard to do the right thing. The good thing is that we will know for sure in under four weeks.

I share the same concerns. In fact I read Victor the riot act in order to get a response. But he's clearly not a decision maker in the company and only knows what he's been told by higher ups. As always, that's where the problems are.

I had to head into DC for a meeting so I didn't get a chance to call him. I too have been very impressed with Victor, I am actually stunned that the engineering/production team never engage directly with the customer. I'm in sales and good companies usually pull in the engineering team (especially when you are spending the kind of cash we are laying out) on the calls with customer in order to address specific technical elements. This also helps the engineers hear it direct from the customer and ask further questions on why certain attributes are needed/desired.

I suspect the is a very small organization, with immature processes and very low overhead. What they don't realize is that one of the folks who ordered their product could be a engineer for a large OEM - who could be testing out the product for a much larger effort - like the Tesla Xeno Prototype.

I am in no rush - take your time and make the wheels to the highest quality possible!!!
Tesla Xeno .jpg

Last edited:
Came across this Car & Driver test of the effects of carbon fiber wheels versus aluminum on performance. The test compared the carbon fiber wheels on the new Shelby Mustang to aluminum wheels. If this is accurate those of us getting the ESE carbon fiber wheels may experience some real performance gains. I hope so.

As exciting as the prospect of data from a test like this may be, the scientific method from the C&D staff could really use some help. They compared different model mustangs with different mfg curb weights (do you trust them to have at least remembered to check that the cars had similar fuel loads?), each car specified with different compound tires, dissimilar tire section widths, etc, etc, oh and by the way they were only comparing the affect of carbon fiber vs aluminum construction wheels on coast acceleration..... Nice try boys and girls but way too many variables to get excited over the data.

Wheel weight/construction do affect performance but unfortunately this C&D data doesn't help to prove that point. Such a shame, if the C&D staff had taken 45 extra minutes with a jack, breaker bar and torque wrench would have given us much more useful data (but risk potentially much less click-bait). Oh well, cool find either way artsci. Thanks for sharing.

As exciting as the prospect of data from a test like this may be, the scientific method from the C&D staff could really use some help. They compared different model mustangs with different mfg curb weights (do you trust them to have at least remembered to check that the cars had similar fuel loads?), each car specified with different compound tires, dissimilar tire section widths, etc, etc, oh and by the way they were only comparing the affect of carbon fiber vs aluminum construction wheels on coast acceleration..... Nice try boys and girls but way too many variables to get excited over the data.

Wheel weight/construction do affect performance but unfortunately this C&D data doesn't help to prove that point. Such a shame, if the C&D staff had taken 45 extra minutes with a jack, breaker bar and torque wrench would have given us much more useful data (but risk potentially much less click-bait). Oh well, cool find either way artsci. Thanks for sharing.

Wow. I didn't check the test details but I'm glad you did, The C&D folks should know better. Frankly this now makes me very suspicious of all their test data.

Reactions: Andyw2100
I haven't heard anything yet. But just like the Light Harmonic guys I just left them alone so they could get it done.

I paid with a credit card - I can easily get my money back if I don't see progress. I am holding to see what they produce.

I wrote him an extensive note which basically said ESE asked for a lot (pay up front including shipping) and has yet to perform. I was, once again, assured the sample rim would get to me in time to approve it, have my set produced and delivered in April. We are now a week into April and I am finding it increasingly more unlikely that they will provide the sample as agreed followed by my set plus the two or three sets MS owners have on order here.

I remain hopeful.

I do believe the next communication will be with the owners of ESE and not Victor. I suspect Victor is being thrown under the bus by people that are too insulated from those they are making commitments to.

I wrote him an extensive note which basically said ESE asked for a lot (pay up front including shipping) and has yet to perform. I was, once again, assured the sample rim would get to me in time to approve it, have my set produced and delivered in April. We are now a week into April and I am finding it increasingly more unlikely that they will provide the sample as agreed followed by my set plus the two or three sets MS owners have on order here.

I remain hopeful.

I do believe the next communication will be with the owners of ESE and not Victor. I suspect Victor is being thrown under the bus by people that are too insulated from those they are making commitments to.

Please keep us posted. If I hear from Victor I'll do the same. Here are the key execs:

CEO
ESCRIBANO, ERIC, SR
PO BOX 366665
SAN JUAN, PR 00936

President:
ESCRIBANO, ERIC, JR
PO BOX 366665
SAN JUAN, PR 00936

Treasurer and the Registered Agent with the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations
HERMIDA, CARLOS S
6445 NW 113 COURT
DORAL, FL 33178

These are the responsible parties, not Victor.