Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just heard from Victor Calvo. This was his message:

I hope all has been well. Thank you for continuing to be patient throughout this time. Apparently our recent update didn’t reach everyone so please see attached for the picture ready, almost finished 19x9” wheel, awaiting placement of the hub. The machining on the 20x9” tool for your wheels has been completed and now comes the autoclave process, NGAP. Hopefully, the next update that I have for you will be the shipping/tracking information.

The picture was the one that's already been posted here.

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
The only issue with CAPS is the minor detail of reusability or should I say lack thereof. Still, I have some acquaintances who are alive because of it. Non back to our regularly scheduled programming.
There's a cost that's kind of high - just to have it inspected, too . . . but then all the FAA requirements for maintenance are up there. If you can afford the thing, then I suppose you can afford the ancillary costs too.

Good news!

You are going to need a CAPS system on your Telsa just to slow down with those new lightweight wheels!!!!

Also I figured out how they do the hollow spokes. They use an evaporative agent that becomes vapor during the autoclave process -- found a recently filed patent that gave general information on how they do it. Very creative....

Good news!

You are going to need a CAPS system on your Telsa just to slow down with those new lightweight wheels!!!!

Also I figured out how they do the hollow spokes. They use an evaporative agent that becomes vapor during the autoclave process -- found a recently filed patent that gave general information on how they do it. Very creative....

Interesting about that method. After all my doubts it's a great relief to know ESE is the real thing. I'm now convinced.

Good news!

Love the segue.

• Funny
I was going to go aftermarket forged rims, but for the price I could get a set of Carbon Fiber rims, so I've put plans on hold for now and plan to order a set for myself soon.

Im wondering due to the lower weight does it make sense to have more tire sidewall to compensate for the reduced weight of the wheel, thus making the suspension smoother even though the unsprung mass was reduced so much, basically using the tire sidewall to compensate somewhat for the reduced wheel weight and rougher suspension response thats expected with lighter wheels? Im guessing this is why those who replied ordered 19 inch wheels? I think id go 19 or 20 depending on tire options, 20 obviously adds the PSS which I've been leaning towards though my new P90DL came with 19 inch Pilot Sport 2 tires and there is now a pilot sport 3 as an option as well for the 19's...

I was going to go aftermarket forged rims, but for the price I could get a set of Carbon Fiber rims, so I've put plans on hold for now and plan to order a set for myself soon.

Im wondering due to the lower weight does it make sense to have more tire sidewall to compensate for the reduced weight of the wheel, thus making the suspension smoother even though the unsprung mass was reduced so much, basically using the tire sidewall to compensate somewhat for the reduced wheel weight and rougher suspension response thats expected with lighter wheels? Im guessing this is why those who replied ordered 19 inch wheels? I think id go 19 or 20 depending on tire options, 20 obviously adds the PSS which I've been leaning towards though my new P90DL came with 19 inch Pilot Sport 2 tires and there is now a pilot sport 3 as an option as well for the 19's...

I think most of us who've ordered have gone with 20"

Good news!

any links? pic's? diagrams? that'd be way cool to check out.

Great read, just took me 2 days on and off to read through the 17 pages!!!
I want to order a set, but will wait for your reviews hopefully in a few weeks here.

Back in 2002-2003 I had an accord V6 coupe with 18s on it. 40lb total weight wheel and tire I would run a 15.2 in the quarter. I then bought mazda millenia 15s and had a total weight of 32lbs wheel and tire, this yielded a 14.8 quarter and the reduction in rotating mass was very evident!

Having experienced this I'm confident the tesla can easily run 10s with these wheels!