Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is wrap. Few photos before the spoiler and finish the mirrors.

IMG_9131.JPG
IMG_9132.JPG
IMG_9133.JPG

Bought this from Aliexpress and it came with a two scratches on it. Notwithstanding the fact that I will always know it's there, they have suggested buffing it out with fine grit sandpaper along with a small refund. I'm not too keen on either, but do any of you have experience with sandpaper and carbon fiber? Would love to hear your feedback. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 157
Bought this from Aliexpress and it came with a two scratches on it. Notwithstanding the fact that I will always know it's there, they have suggested buffing it out with fine grit sandpaper along with a small refund. I'm not too keen on either, but do any of you have experience with sandpaper and carbon fiber? Would love to hear your feedback. Thanks in advance.
I'd send it back. Fixing their problem doesn't encourage better quality control on their part.

Get them to send you a new one and put a return label in the box so you can ship that one back. They may just say keep it.

As for sanding I’d start backwards, start at 5000 grit if that doesn’t work go to 3000 then 2000 then 1200. I seriously doubt you need to go below 1200. All these can be found at auto parts stores. Then once it’s out work your way back up and use a polishing compound in the end.

My goal would be to get them to replace it or just give it to me. The cost to ship it back might not be worth it to them

FWIW, I had purchased the eBay (jc sport line) carbon fiber spoiler and had it on my car for almost 2 years now; after about a year the gloss finish started hazing and now it’s bad enough that I’m planning on getting a whole new spoiler. I’ve machine polished it and nothing helps
Should have spent more money from the get go on a more quality product! Now I’m planning on buying one from RW Carbon

• Informative
Reactions: Cheburashka
FWIW, I had purchased the eBay (jc sport line) carbon fiber spoiler and had it on my car for almost 2 years now; after about a year the gloss finish started hazing and now it’s bad enough that I’m planning on getting a whole new spoiler. I’ve machine polished it and nothing helps
Should have spent more money from the get go on a more quality product! Now I’m planning on buying one from RW Carbon
Same thing happened to me with the ebay spoiler - the lacquer starts to crack and chip off after the first year mark... Did you find a good replacement?