Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon fiber wrap on front air dam, rocker panels, and rear valance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having put carbon fiber wrap on my nose cone, much satisfied with the results, and not willing to pay $4-5,000 for real carbon fiber parts that are likely to chip and be otherwise damaged from road debris, today I had the front air dam, side rocker panels, and rear valence wrapped with 3M carbon fiber vinyl. I'm very pleased with the results. The work was done by D&L Tinting in Parkville, MD, the same folks who tinted my windows and wrapped my nosecone. The job took about 3 hours and cost about $950.

Here are a few photos. It was a lousy overcast, rainy day so the photos aren't great but they do capture the general appearance. When we next get some sun I'll take and post some better photos.

The wrap creates a very subtle but cool effect. I had had the chrome piece on the rear valance wrapped --never liked that -- but left the chrome accent under the doors untouched. I like that accent.

D&L used some special 3M adhesive on all the corners where the wrap is likely to come loose. If anything comes loose or otherwise fails to adhere they'll fix it at no cost. Can't beat that. I can't recommend these guys more highly.

_DSC4029.JPG

_DSC4031.JPG

_DSC4032.JPG

_DSC4034.JPG

_DSC4035.JPG

_DSC4036.JPG

_DSC4038.JPG

_DSC4039.JPG

_DSC4040.JPG

_DSC4041.JPG

Looks good. What are those three bumps on your nose cone?

The two near the headlamps are the Blinder laser jammer sensors. The single bump near the bottom center of the nose cone is a front view camera. I have a new wrapped nose cone with the new Tesla lighted T, soon to be completed. That nosecone will replace this one as soon as I finish the install of the Tesla touchscreen operated front camera. The Tesla camera will be mounted under the nose cone, not on it, so that bump, which I'm not happy with, will be gone. Haven't quite figured out where the laser sensors will be on that nosecone but I'm working on it. Stealth installs totally defeat the function of the laser sensors -- they have to have a totally clear view down the road. I'm probably going to locate the sensors on the bottom lip of the nosecone. Not an ideal location but a decent compromise.

Last edited:
I wanted the front and back valances wrapped as well as the side rockers ( I think that's what they are called) white to match my car. I thought it would make the car look lower and sleeker. The place I took it to said the wrap would not stick to the molding. I then asked the local Tesla authorized repair shop what it would cost to paint......$4000. Said no thanks and thought the gray under panels would just have to stay gray. So if anyone knows a wrapper who can make it stick to the plastic in So. Cal. Let me know.
Thanks.

I wanted the front and back valances wrapped as well as the side rockers ( I think that's what they are called) white to match my car. I thought it would make the car look lower and sleeker. The place I took it to said the wrap would not stick to the molding. I then asked the local Tesla authorized repair shop what it would cost to paint......$4000. Said no thanks and thought the gray under panels would just have to stay gray. So if anyone knows a wrapper who can make it stick to the plastic in So. Cal. Let me know.
Thanks.

D&L didn't think getting it to stick would be a problem. I guess I'll see soon if they're right.