Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars,faster than a model3 or performace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

one2many

Aug 16, 2019
germany
OK, I think on paper I can smoke a M5 BMW, top end maybe not so much,
I wanted to run my next door BMW guy for pink slips but he declined.

Ok some of my posts were not on topic. On a magic carpet ride in an Ols 442, a living room
on wheels, seemed damn fast. Super Bee not bad, and so on,

Can anyone give us the data on pure speed and the extras

Model 3 vs monster cars

• Funny
Reactions: Keester97
I own a 1965 Impala SS 409 425 HP 4 speed which is dog slow compared to the Model 3 Performance. Takes around 6 seconds to get to 60 and the top end is lower because of its rear gearing. The old Impala is definitely noisier, but its performance doesn't come anywhere near the Model 3. Since it gets about 10 mpg it doesn't even have the range of the Model 3.

Reactions: Andy7 and Big Earl
I own a 1965 Impala SS 409 425 HP 4 speed which is dog slow compared to the Model 3 Performance. Takes around 6 seconds to get to 60 and the top end is lower because of its rear gearing. The old Impala is definitely noisier, but its performance doesn't come anywhere near the Model 3. Since it gets about 10 mpg it doesn't even have the range of the Model 3.

That was a damn cool car.

Faster? Tons. The top speed is only 162.

Quicker? That's a fair bit smaller list of generally much more expensive cars.

Few dozen quicker to 60 mph here:
List of fastest production cars by acceleration - Wikipedia

Few dozen quicker to 1/4 mile here:
List of fastest production cars by acceleration - Wikipedia

Interesting list. In the day the Viper was a take me to jail car.

Does it honestly matter, I've been a car guy all my life and the 3 performance gives me a head rush when I punch it fully. Its to the point where it really doesn't need to go faster. and I love fast cars.

bullshit, EVERYTHING needs to go faster. Just a few days ago they blocked off the highway out here to run the ssc tuatara and break the world speed record on a public road. Freaking thing was so fast (somewhere over 300mph, they will announce official numbers in a few days) that they needed to use a jet as a chase vehicle to film it. An actual jet. And it still needs to be faster too. Don't aim so low.

Reactions: TyH2009
OK good that you asked, trying to scope out a build, Roush crate injection in
a light weight car. Drive train will need a complete do over but at
the end, a Tesla S may be a better way.
I do love supper charger just as a side note.

Who is the driver, and what is the context ?

Drag strip, Pro driver. -- a short list
Sunday hobbyist -- a very short list

This is very true. Almost every ICE vehicle on that list faster than a model 3P require some sort of launch control process, etc. One of the things many "car people" DONT like about teslas is that the speed is available to everyone simply by mashing the pedal.

In effect, though, that means that from a standing start, Performance model teslas (model 3, S, X) are faster than almost everything, in "regular situations" driven by "regular" people.

Hobbyist active performance drivers, and obviously performance drivers can get those speeds out of those other vehicles, but many cars on that list that are "faster" wouldnt actually be faster driven by regular people.

Does it honestly matter, I've been a car guy all my life and the 3 performance gives me a head rush when I punch it fully. Its to the point where it really doesn't need to go faster. and I love fast cars.
Ditto. I own/have owned all kinds of cars from turbo Porsches, American classics, Bentley, 1000+hp stuff, Euro stuff, etc... The 3 is totally great for what it does and it's dialed in great especially for daily use.

Ditto. I own/have owned all kinds of cars from turbo Porsches, American classics, Bentley, 1000+hp stuff, Euro stuff, etc... The 3 is totally great for what it does and it's dialed in great especially for daily use.

+1 I've owned a ton of fast cars. It's really hard to beat the Model 3 Performance. I don't think there's anything close for the money. Then, you add in all the benefits of it being an EV. One of the worst parts about high performance ICE cars is the maintenance and expensive parts. Never a good feeling when you are gettin it and all of the sudden 3rd gear becomes a 2nd neutral, spin a bearing, lose compression, blow a turbo seal, etc.

There's nothing to break on the Tesla. Just come home and plug it in and call it a day.

OK, I think on paper I can smoke a M5 BMW, top end maybe not so much,
I wanted to run my next door BMW guy for pink slips but he declined.

Ok some of my posts were not on topic. On a magic carpet ride in an Ols 442, a living room
on wheels, seemed damn fast. Super Bee not bad, and so on,

Can anyone give us the data on pure speed and the extras

Model 3 vs monster cars

Depends what M5 he has, might be too close?
BMW M5 Competition[xii] 2019 2.6 sec[57][58]