Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not up on this stuff but would that mean it is limited to 80 KW?

Cheers.

Good enough for it's primary purpose, which is either to charge in out-of-the-way locations, or to get an extra option when Superchargers are overloaded.

The predictable consequence of using an adapter should be to limit the maximum charging speed, IMHO.
Note: Still 60% better than Chademo adapter.

Reactions: jmbloom_m3p
Thereabouts, yes. Figure on 75 kW, and then you might be pleasantly surprised by another kW or two on those perfect occasions ;)

Nice. Quite a bit faster than our Chademo adapter. And here’s the thing. V3 Superchargers are actually too fast for a sit down supper. I can see 75KW being jyst about right for a 30 to 40 minute supper break assuming a 20 percent arrival. Just about right.

Nice. Quite a bit faster than our Chademo adapter. And here’s the thing. V3 Superchargers are actually too fast for a sit down supper. I can see 75KW being jyst about right for a 30 to 40 minute supper break assuming a 20 percent arrival. Just about right.
Forget about sitting down to supper if you charge at a V3 Supercharger, there isn't even time enough to pee.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
There is an irony here to be appreciated ...

One of the stated reasons Tesla has not agreed to sharing agreements with other OEMs is an unwillingness to degrade the Supercharger network with slow charging cars. And yet here we are, possibly clogging up CCS with our piddly 200 Amp adapters.

Reactions: miimura
Merry Christmas all! Shipping updated. 12/28 by end of day ETA.

Seriously expecting to get this all the way from Korea before my Model3 from 15 minutes away in Fremont. LOL.

I keep saying I'd love to see urban superchargers show up at sit-down restaurants along the interstates. It would be basically ideal.

And hotels definitely don't need full V3 superchargers, which I've seen several of. Destination charging is usually more than enough. 10 to 15 KW overnight gets the job done and warms/cools the car for departure.

Reactions: Saghost
And yet that "piddly 200 Amp adapter" can still charge faster than most cars native CCS port.
Are you thinking of the brain dead Chevy Bolt ?
If memory serves, even Chevy is upgrading CCS charging in their upcoming model.

Actually, I don't think I know of any 2021 EV model that will marketed in the USA with anything less than 100 kW and I think 120 - 150 kW is mainstream.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think 2021 models of Chevy Bolt, Kia Niro, Kia Soul, Hyundai Kona, and Nissan Leaf (others?) still top out at less than 100 kW...
I should have been more clear -- I meant the next gen Chevy Bolt EUV coming out in 2021.
LEAF is not CCS; for the Nissan CCS you are looking at the Ariya, and that is 350 Amps

I don't know much about Kia and Hyundai, but the upcoming Ioniq 5 model is an upgraded 800 volt system that is being advertised as 20 -> 80% SoC in 15 minutes. 2.4C is ~ 170 kW average.