Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Retrofit Availability (2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P/N may be available in this video:
When I asked the mobile ranger if I could keep the 'old' part when he upgraded my MS, he said that on the MS and MX, it is a daughter board addition, not a new module so if tiburci has either a MS or MX, the above video/part number (and install info) is not going to be correct...

Last edited:
When I asked the mobile ranger if I could keep the 'old' part when he upgraded my MS, he said that on the MS and MX, it is a daughter board addition, not a new module so if tiburci has either a MS or MX, the above video/part number (and install info) is not going to be correct...
Really appreciated. I end up buying the PN 1656565-00-a from Tesla which includes adaptor, board and cable for Model S 2020

I had my raven refresh 2019 model x updated. This is a screenshot of the part number from my invoice.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230424_105514_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230424_105514_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 104
I had my raven refresh 2019 model x updated. This is a screenshot of the part number from my invoice.
Can you confirm a couple things, hopefully to put this issue to bed for once:
  • How much did it cost? ($450+ tax?)
  • Did you receive the CCS adapter as well as get the retrofit installed? (I assume so based on the part description.)
So the part number for the NA kit is: 1652003-00-A (at least for the Model X.)

Can you confirm a couple things, hopefully to put this issue to bed for once:
  • How much did it cost? ($450+ tax?)
  • Did you receive the CCS adapter as well as get the retrofit installed? (I assume so based on the part description.)
So the part number for the NA kit is: 1652003-00-A (at least for the Model X.)
Yes and yes to both questions. Had it done to my 2016 MS a few weeks back. Mobile Tech did it so didn't even have to go to the SC, which is over 100 miles away. Took him about an hour.

Any tips on getting the part? I've tried several times but gave up.
When I initially wanted a Gen4 ECU, I went to a local service center and ordered one. They said it would take a couple of weeks. No questions on why I wanted it. Meanwhile I used the app to schedule mobile service to come out to my home to proactively replace my 12V battery and asked "if you have a -00-B charge port ECU can you please bring one along?". They did and when the mobile tech was curious on why I wanted the ECU but not have them install it, I told him about the bundle of wires solution.

ref: Tesla Service

edit: Note: this was in Mid May / Early June 2022.
ref: Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach

Last edited:
A retrofit that costs hundreds of dollars just so you can charge on a minority of chargers sounds like it is not worth it.
The answers you seek lie to the north and west of you.

If you want to use any non-Tesla implementations of the NACS, you will still need the retrofit. I suspect Tesla will eventually un-bundle the adapter if lots of 3rd party stations start to switch.

Reactions: srs5694 and FMinMI
Is anyone not considering getting the retrofit after ford and GMs announcements?
Well, very little from those announcements are going to have any impact for ~ 15-24 months at all. but, knowing that more overall non tesla EV owners are going to begin to have access to some portion of Tesla Sc’s starting this year leads me to think that having another option is worth the ~$400 overall.