Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CD player for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am glad there is no CD player in the Tesla - I never use my CD players in any of my other non-Tesla cars. My entire CD library has been encoded to 256K MP3s. Now I buy all of my CDs on Amazon - it comes with the MP3 versions that you can download immediately. Also, I pretty much use Slacker about 95% of the time. I have these tiny little USB sticks that barely stick out and can hold thousands of songs or audio books. I also am going all digital for my movie collection - I have almost 500 movies on Vudu. You can then use an iPad and download movies for road trips. This car is taking us into the future and I love it!

Brent

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
I’ve got some some great Vinyls sitting in my house. Any workaround to play that in the car? Since I got the Tesla, I’ve been practically living in it and find very little time to be home or listen to the records..:rolleyes:
You're in luck. This one has Bluetooth, so you can stream to the car! Also it has a VERY sought after cassette playback feature as well. Our analog prayers have been answered!

/edit CRAP! It's bluetooth in, not out. Never mind, the search continues!

/edit 2. Perhaps this device might do the trick? Unfortunately no cassette or 8-track functionality...

Last edited:
  • Informative
The fairly spectacular breakage which Tesla has induced in the USB playback system is causing me to go look at this. Vern Padgett seems to have the best KLUDGE for getting a workable media player out of Tesla's craptastic joke of an audio system -- so thanks, Vern.

A bunch of stuff I've read is indicating that FM may get me better audio quality than Bluetooth (which does not surprise me given how bad a record Bluetooth has). So I'm grabbing one of these to attach to my CD player:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URUJWPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I should also be able to attach this to a tablet with USB support and use PowerAMP to play albums losslessly.

Last edited:
In my case, my 1000+ CD collection (now digitized as MP3s) is available to me via my Western Digital Hard Disk on my Tesla Model-S via the USB port (all neatly and automatically indexed and catalogued) in addition to the Tesla-provided free-for-life ad-free streaming music!

- Pranta, Fremont, CA.

192205159_10158395871497967_1788614409531579865_n.jpg

193499537_10158395871532967_8758551136425623974_n.jpg