Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console now standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I purchased my 85D the center console was not available. I ordered one and it took about 2 months for delivery and installation. While I got used to the open yacht floor, I really like the look and functionality of the console. I thought it was expensive at $650, so $1250 seems really excessive for the new one, especially without the phone/USB ports included.

Pretty sure the USB ports should be where they have always been. They aren't part of the console, but rather are on the area between the two front seats, below the armrest.

HeIsAGod carries a purse? Whatever. The space is also perfect for seasoning with coffee when you inexplicably put your coffee cup down there rather than the cup holder because you are only going around the block, then accelerate a little harder than you meant to and season the obeche wood with Early Bird Medium Roast.
Yes I carry a purse. Females do that sometimes :)
I don't drink coffee in the S, but honestly I would rather clean coffee off it than have to replace the contents of my purse when it empties everywhere from being spilled off the passenger seat.
Or th horror of having to put it on the passengers floor where bottoms of shoes go.
I can appreciate that this is not a concern for a male, or a female who doesn't carry a purse.

Does anyone know if the new integrated centre console is going to be included in the build for any car that hasn't entered production yet? In my case, my order is confirmed and the car has entered the factory production queue.

I had an email two days ago confirming that my wheels had been changed to the new Slipstream style, so I'm sort of expecting to get one soon about the console.

Does anyone know if the new integrated centre console is going to be included in the build for any car that hasn't entered production yet? In my case, my order is confirmed and the car has entered the factory production queue.

I had an email two days ago confirming that my wheels had been changed to the new Slipstream style, so I'm sort of expecting to get one soon about the console.

The email was only for those that chose a different wheel and couldn't have it, its been the standard for a while, if you want to verify go to your my Tesla and in your docs section to you'll have a detailed bill of materials

In my order agreement which was added on 5th March, there's no mention of a centre console (plus I don't believe that they had made it standard on the design studio at the point). It does state "matching yacht floor" though. Consequently it does only say '19" wheels".

If I load the design spec through my tesla, the slipstream wheels are in the images but no mention or image of the centre console. Also, no mention of the yacht floor though, which i suspect gets deleted with the inclusion of a centre console.

I took delivery at the end of March and was surprised with the new console. It would be odd for them to ship some cars with the console, then later revert to no console. I would bet that all Model S built in April will include the new center console.

I took delivery at the end of March and was surprised with the new console. It would be odd for them to ship some cars with the console, then later revert to no console. I would bet that all Model S built in April will include the new center console.

Is your console removable to restore the open floor, or is it one piece with the arm-rest like it is in the Model X?

The new console is an integrated one piece unit. I unexpectedly got one in my late March build. It looks almost identical to the X console except it does not have the rear seat pop out drink holders. I haven't tried removing it yet to see it you end up with an open carpeted floor. I'm keeping mine in -- I have too much junk in the car!

Is your console removable to restore the open floor, or is it one piece with the arm-rest like it is in the Model X?

One piece with arm rest.

I'm pretty happy with it though. Found a USB extension cable with left angle plug that easily routed through the available routing hole, under the cup holders and pops up nice and out-of-sight near the back of the console. I plugged in a 256 GB memory stick to create a really clean, hidden source for music. Easy to remove the memory stick too, just pull out the front most cup holder piece and unplug.

Excellent! I ordered mine in March (before the console appeared online) and it just finished production so I expect mine will have it too. I can get rid of my little organizer caddy bag I used in my 2013 S. Woo Hoo!