Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know of an alternative to the ~$900 center console?

"the" console--which one would that be? Is that soflauthor's or whatever his handle is, his console? I don't see prices yet on his site (his site says "The base price for the standard CCI has not yet been finalized. We are working towards establishing base pricing, please check back."). Or do you mean some other console? Please be specific (preferably with a link). ;-)

Anyway, I've seen a thread or two here where people have talked about other things they bought that were inexpensive and fit the space, including pictures and I think links, so there are other things that'll fit the space and don't cost a bunch. Obviously there're trade-offs, but search the forum and you'll probably find some ideas. Sorry, I can't remember off-hand what it was people used.

TeslaTap has a link to consoles from JCWhitney--things that cost under $100, but no idea if they fit or not. You'd have to measure the space and get measurements from them. They look functional/useful...but I clicked on one and they had no measurements, so it might take some back 'n forth to get all the info you need.

Heck, Amazon.com has many consoles if you search their automative section--but again, you may need to check on measurements (not all items show measurements, unfortunately) with the manufacturer.

Implications are that people on the reservation list for the Soflauthor's CCI have gotten a pricing list. ~$800-900 for standard, ~$1100-1200 for matching veneer version. I'm not on the list, my wife decided long ago that she preferred the open space. If it was my daily driver, I'd consider the CCI.

However, I've been following the item and it really looks nice. The CCI seems a good match for the car imho. The JCWhitney items seem good matches for a baseline Jeep.

Anyone know of an alternative to the ~$900 center console?

Here's mine, but I think I will upgrade to the CCI. It's amazing how many things I can hide underneath this tissue box.

8421322427_bb99710b17_z.jpg

Clea: Here's the dimensions that Nickjhowe was kind enough to provide from his "S".

5.25 in at the back
8 in at the front
23 in long
sides are 2.5 in high
At the front beyond 23 in it curves upwards for a bit of extra length.
The sides are pretty level, though at around 20 in from the back they curve upwards.
The back with the USB and 12V ports is angled backwards slightly.

Clea: Here's the dimensions that Nickjhowe was kind enough to provide from his "S".

5.25 in at the back
8 in at the front
23 in long
sides are 2.5 in high
At the front beyond 23 in it curves upwards for a bit of extra length.
The sides are pretty level, though at around 20 in from the back they curve upwards.
The back with the USB and 12V ports is angled backwards slightly.

Thank you.

Don't know whey they're keeping so quiet about it but Tesla is clearly working on this and is getting closer. I've had several people tell me there are working prototypes and I think it would be REALLY cool if George B would address this here since there are clearly a lot of Tesla owners who are about to spend a lot of money based on having no information from Tesla. Anyone? Bueller?

Don't know whey they're keeping so quiet about it but Tesla is clearly working on this and is getting closer. I've had several people tell me there are working prototypes and I think it would be REALLY cool if George B would address this here since there are clearly a lot of Tesla owners who are about to spend a lot of money based on having no information from Tesla. Anyone? Bueller?

Someday, sometime, Tesla will come out with a center console solution, but no idea how long that will be. Remember, we are waiting on a couple other items, options, and plans that have been "coming soon" for a while now. And though some feel that soflauthor's solution is pricey, I would not hold my breath waiting on a much less expensive answer from Tesla. So bird in the hand vs bird someday, I'm jumping on soflauthor's console as soon as available. Can't wait any more time to get my drink out of the way of my arm.

Someday, sometime, Tesla will come out with a center console solution, but no idea how long that will be. Remember, we are waiting on a couple other items, options, and plans that have been "coming soon" for a while now. And though some feel that soflauthor's solution is pricey, I would not hold my breath waiting on a much less expensive answer from Tesla. So bird in the hand vs bird someday, I'm jumping on soflauthor's console as soon as available. Can't wait any more time to get my drink out of the way of my arm.

Agree. Likely, I'll have the CCI before I have the car. I have a kind of hobby business making and marketing accessories for Honda S2000's and Soflauthor has done a phenomenal job in nearly every respect: design, materials, customization options, etc, and he's been completely transparent about product design and development, manufacturing, marketing, and pricing. He's an owner and committed to the Model S community. He's also developed a very good web site, with a lot of outstanding features to show off the product. We can't ask for more than that. It's clear that he's developed a very high quality product, at least or perhaps better than the fit and finish of the Model S itself. There clearly are less expensive solutions but based on what I've seen of them on this site, they all look like kit-bashed, home-made afterthoughts. None but Soflauthor's will see the inside of my Model S. And I doubt that any solution Tesla develops, if it ever goes into production, will be any better. And it certainly won't be less expensive.

...Soflauthor has done a phenomenal job in nearly every respect...none but Soflauthor's will see the inside of my Model S...

Great endorsement of the work one of our fellow owners has done. Personally I'm finding the combination of the cubby and glove box sufficient for my needs so far, but I nonetheless applaud Soflauthor's initiative and have no doubt his CCI will solve the storage needs of a lot of owners. Maybe mine too, at some point.

Agree. Likely, I'll have the CCI before I have the car. I have a kind of hobby business making and marketing accessories for Honda S2000's and Soflauthor has done a phenomenal job in nearly every respect: design, materials, customization options, etc, and he's been completely transparent about product design and development, manufacturing, marketing, and pricing. He's an owner and committed to the Model S community. He's also developed a very good web site, with a lot of outstanding features to show off the product. We can't ask for more than that. It's clear that he's developed a very high quality product, at least or perhaps better than the fit and finish of the Model S itself. There clearly are less expensive solutions but based on what I've seen of them on this site, they all look like kit-bashed, home-made afterthoughts. None but Soflauthor's will see the inside of my Model S. And I doubt that any solution Tesla develops, if it ever goes into production, will be any better. And it certainly won't be less expensive.

Have you seen a CCI in person then?