Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Centralia, WA Burgerville Model S to Roadster HPC adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
v12 to 12v - I've been out of the country and would like to support the Roadster/Model S adapter @ the Burgerville in Centralia, WA. Can you pls. point me to the right email address to get the Pay Pal payment ($50, right?) setup? Thanks - ASG

v12 to 12v - I've been out of the country and would like to support the Roadster/Model S adapter @ the Burgerville in Centralia, WA. Can you pls. point me to the right email address to get the Pay Pal payment ($50, right?) setup? Thanks - ASG

We are getting down to $40 for the adapter share. Some have decided to contribute $50 anyway just in case things come up short. If there are any overages we can pass it on to other adapter or charger projects in the area. You can go either way.

I'll send you a note with an address so that you can make a payment via PayPal. That has been very convenient. (Thanks Elon!)

Done! The Burgerville Centralia adapter is in service!

Everyone who sent in a contribution via PayPal thus far should now have a copy of the instructions on using the Roadster HPC to Model S adapter in their e-mail.
I sent another e-mail with a photo of the box and the combination.

If I missed you somehow, just let me know and I'll re-send.

Across the street from Burgerville is a Wendy's that has a 30A Aerovironment charger if you want to go that route.
The Roadster HPC is 70A. I think that your car will dial things down to 40A.
I'll PM you with info just in case you still want to use the Roadster HPC.

Don't have mine yet, but would like to chip in to the cause... if its not too late.

There's only so many weekends in a year, and a fair amount of people on this list, it would be wise to update use status via Recargo.

Won't be long before a second station will be needed.

Last edited:
Don't have mine yet, but would like to chip in to the cause... if its not too late.

There's only so many weekends in a year, and a fair amount of people on this list, it would be wise to update use status via Recargo.

Won't be long before a second station will be needed.

I'll send you a note with information. Thanks for the recargo reminder.

The rumor is that there will be Superchargers in this area in a few months. I did see a large transformer box in a rarely used parking lot between two outlet mall buildings on the opposite side of the freeway. It is definitely the location that I would have picked. The transformer had utility location paint all around it. Some was fresh, some wasn't. No ground breaking in the area but there was a few small stakes in the ground by the transformer. I don't know if this is a Supercharger clue or not. There were freeway improvements towards the south of that exit. I don't think that it was associated with that though.

The area is an ideal Supercharger location. There is a a large number of restaurants in the area, a public park on a small lake close by with playground equipment, trails and historical buildings. Free fishing for the youngsters too! The park is called Fort Borst Park. I wonder if we could turn the back part of the cargo hatch area into a livewell...

The rumor is that there will be Superchargers in this area in a few months. I did see a large transformer box in a rarely used parking lot between two outlet mall buildings on the opposite side of the freeway. It is definitely the location that I would have picked. The transformer had utility location paint all around it. Some was fresh, some wasn't. No ground breaking in the area but there was a few small stakes in the ground by the transformer. I don't know if this is a Supercharger clue or not. There were freeway improvements towards the south of that exit. I don't think that it was associated with that though.

The area is an ideal Supercharger location. There is a a large number of restaurants in the area, a public park on a small lake close by with playground equipment, trails and historical buildings. Free fishing for the youngsters too! The park is called Fort Borst Park. I wonder if we could turn the back part of the cargo hatch area into a livewell...

Thanks 12v.
I know this stop/area well, and we're traveling up to East side Seattle 3 to 5 times a year to visit family and friends. I shouldn't have much trouble getting there, though Mother-in-law only has accessible 120v (I may install a 14-50 in her garage). The other alternative is driving conservatively and shooting for the Redmond store to charge.

Having this midway stop will be handy. Our next trip will likely be mid June, and should have Model S by then. We'll keep an eye out. :)

Great weather and my wife was interested in one of the shops in the outlet mall, so we took a run down to check out the Burgerville HPC. Neat, very nicely done. Didn't need to charge, but I gave it a short test run. First time I've been able to charge at >40 Amps, and now I'm spoiled.

Once again, thanks V12.

Great weather and my wife was interested in one of the shops in the outlet mall, so we took a run down to check out the Burgerville HPC. Neat, very nicely done. Didn't need to charge, but I gave it a short test run. First time I've been able to charge at >40 Amps, and now I'm spoiled.

Once again, thanks V12.

You made my day. :biggrin:

I'm glad the trial run went well for you. I was hoping the instructions were good enough to help people through the Roadster adapter quirks.

Let me guess.... Your wife was interested in the new Chico's outlet store?

The instructions are very well done. The only hitch I had was the one mentioned in the instructions - the car's port locked while I was getting the cable prepared. Easy enough to unlock the port.

I do have a suggestion for others using the adapter. I think it wise to take the lock with you, or lock in your car, or lock it back on the box. People do strange things for strange reasons, and it would be quite a bother if someone walked off with the lock.

Nope, not Chico's. Shoe store.:biggrin:

IMG_0057.JPG

Thanks v12.

In other news, there still seems to be no Supercharger related activity in the outlet mall area or Starbucks parking lot.

Question has anyone came up with a solution to lock the roadster/model s adapter cable to the charging cable? I have the adapter cable but I'm always concerned someone is going to walk off with it...

I noticed there a 4 drilled holes on the square plate on the roadster adapter, my plan was to get some small steel cable about 12" long and thread it through the hole and loop on both ends and wrap it around the roadster cable and just padlock the ends together. Unless someone else has a more creative idea?

Thanks,

ken

When the car is locked the adapter is locked to the car and cannot be removed. Even if it was unplugged from the HPC it would still be locked to the car. The only risk is someone unplugging the adapter from the HPC but as far as making it off with the entire adapter, no possible if your car is locked.

Thanks I was under the impression it didn't lock with the car, I guess I never tried to remove it before. I did have a small child remove it when the car was unlocked. I'll give it a try once I get it back from my friend who wanted to use it on his drive from Oregon - Az.

Question has anyone came up with a solution to lock the roadster/model s adapter cable to the charging cable? I have the adapter cable but I'm always concerned someone is going to walk off with it...

I noticed there a 4 drilled holes on the square plate on the roadster adapter, my plan was to get some small steel cable about 12" long and thread it through the hole and loop on both ends and wrap it around the roadster cable and just padlock the ends together. Unless someone else has a more creative idea?

Thanks,

ken

Are you thinking about leaving a Roadster HPC/Model S adapter at a Roadster Charger that is out in the wild like we did?

Thanks v12.

In other news, there still seems to be no Supercharger related activity in the outlet mall area or Starbucks parking lot.

Did you happen to look at the transformer box in an empty parking lot next to the Dress Barn outlet building on the west side of I-5? I saw utility location paint and a couple new wood stakes in the ground. McD's is kitty-corner from that parking lot.

Burgerville seemed interested in having Superchargers at their location. They might have enough space. I don't know how much space is needed. Exapansion might be an issue there. There is some idle real estate next to Burgerville. I looked at some plat maps in the area. Plenty of opportunity it seems. There is less traffic congestion on the East side of I-5.

Starbucks seems to have far less space available than Burgerville. Bill and Bea's burger bar appears to have room and it isn't too far from Starbucks. Not quite as ideal as the corner by the Dress Barn behind Denny's & the Country Cousin Restaurant.