Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic and PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Such a coincidence...i missed you by minutes today. Dropped the Kia off and saw your Tesla parked up. Graham tells me you have a rather nice private plate going on?!

Was due to be collecting Wednesday too, but work got in the way so will be picking up on Thursday.
It's a small World! Would have been nice to say "hello" and thank you for the referral.

I have collected my car from Azuri. They have done a really nice job for me. I would recommend them. They were having a tough day as their supplies delivery driver drove his lorry into the roller shutter door yesterday and they were having it repaired when I arrived. Good job there wasn't a Lambo right behind the door when it happened (no damage!)

I have collected my car from Azuri. They have done a really nice job for me. I would recommend them. They were having a tough day as their supplies delivery driver drove his lorry into the roller shutter door yesterday and they were having it repaired when I arrived. Good job there wasn't a Lambo right behind the door when it happened (no damage!)

I bet Graham was less than impressed with his door being damaged! Yes they do a good job. Just about to pick up the Kia...i’m sure that won’t make it to his gallery pages give the finery currently on display!

Do Azuri remove anything from the car during fitting to tuck the PPF underneath? Badges, trim etc? Or are they just cutting around those like everyone else?

Considering them for a full wrap of my M3, against CreativeFX in Bromley.

Do Azuri remove anything from the car during fitting to tuck the PPF underneath? Badges, trim etc? Or are they just cutting around those like everyone else?

Considering them for a full wrap of my M3, against CreativeFX in Bromley.

Here is a photo of my front badge (complete with beaded rain drops) - they obviously removed the badge and did it properly. No corners cut.

They do not remove the panels but the edge is very neat. I attach an image for you.

I am sure I could have obtained a cheaper quote but I trusted Graham at Azuri to do a proper job without cutting corners.

Attachments

• IMG_3225.JPG
    IMG_3225.JPG
    393.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3226.JPG
    IMG_3226.JPG
    478.8 KB · Views: 40
The day before my car it was a £400k Lambo. I get the impression the Tesla Model 3 is not the most expensive metal they handle at Azuri!

Funny story regarding the Lambo. When i dropped off the e-Niro last Saturday neither of my kids wanted to come - but we had to take one otherwise they’d likely kill each other. My little boy (big car fan) won the call, so my daughter came. Took a picture if her in front of the Lambo and texted it to my lad...he was very unhappy he’d missed out!

• Funny
Reactions: AnthonyLR
Funny story regarding the Lambo. When i dropped off the e-Niro last Saturday neither of my kids wanted to come - but we had to take one otherwise they’d likely kill each other. My little boy (big car fan) won the call, so my daughter came. Took a picture if her in front of the Lambo and texted it to my lad...he was very unhappy he’d missed out!

Did a trip towards the end of 2018 with a couple of friends and visited the Pagani Factory and Museum, Ferrari Factory and Museum, Ducati Factory and Museum, Lamborghini Factory and Museum and the Alfa Romeo Museum.

When life returns to a degree of normality I thoroughly recommend similar for any big car fan young or old, easily done over three or four days with a little forward planning.

Museo Horacio Pagani, San Cesario sul Panaro, Nov '18

Museo Ferrari, Maranello, Nov '18

Museo Ducati, Bologna, Nov '18

Museo Ferruccio Lamborghini, Sant'Agata Bolognese, Nov '18

Museo Storico Alfa Romeo, Milan, Nov '18

Here is a photo of my front badge (complete with beaded rain drops) - they obviously removed the badge and did it properly. No corners cut.

They do not remove the panels but the edge is very neat. I attach an image for you.

I am sure I could have obtained a cheaper quote but I trusted Graham at Azuri to do a proper job without cutting corners.

What did they say about not wrapping the edges? I know some edges cannot be wrapped, but I would have thought that some of those unwrapped edges could have been. Hopefully the important ones have been, such as the returns on the wheel arches, underside of the doors and top of sills.

What did they say about not wrapping the edges? I know some edges cannot be wrapped, but I would have thought that some of those unwrapped edges could have been. Hopefully the important ones have been, such as the returns on the wheel arches, underside of the doors and top of sills.
Graham said the issue with wrapping under the surfaces is that it allows rain to enter and blow up the PPF at the corner. I just rely on him as an expert to do the best job he can for me. I will only know how he has done in a few years’ (hopefully 9!) time.

Reactions: Cyclone1
So have any of your panels been corner wrapped? Especially the ones around the wheel arches and lower doors?

My authorised Xpel installer (20+ years experience) redid an original install from a different 'factory trained installer' and said what was previously installed (non wrapped version of Xpel templates) wouldn't have protected the very bits that the PPF had been purchased to protect. I asked him why the original ones might not have been offered to me, and he simply said, its more difficult to install so more expensive to do and this was reflected in the price! He did say that some bits couldn't be fully wrapped, but my installer was very selective with those - on my partial install, I think there were one (maybe two) edges each side that he didn't fully wrap - iirc the area around lower front wing as it meets the sill.

So have any of your panels been corner wrapped? Especially the ones around the wheel arches and lower doors?

My authorised Xpel installer (20+ years experience) redid an original install from a different 'factory trained installer' and said what was previously installed (non wrapped version of Xpel templates) wouldn't have protected the very bits that the PPF had been purchased to protect. I asked him why the original ones might not have been offered to me, and he simply said, its more difficult to install so more expensive to do and this was reflected in the price! He did say that some bits couldn't be fully wrapped, but my installer was very selective with those - on my partial install, I think there were one (maybe two) edges each side that he didn't fully wrap - iirc the area around lower front wing as it meets the sill.
I didn't have the whole car wrapped, just front end and lower sills and wheel arches. The front bonnet has been wrapped under. I attach a photo of where the lower sills PPF ends (red line) - when the door is closed it is the door exposed not the sill!

Attachments

• IMG_3232 with line.jpg
    IMG_3232 with line.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: MrBadger
Just popped back up to Azuri for them to put a strip of PPF on my back bumper to stop me scratching the paint when I put my golf clubs in the boot.

There was a white M3P there having the satin stealth PPF wrap. It had the lowest profile tyres I have ever seen and carbon fibre body kit on the front, sides and rear. Someone has spent a ton of cash making their Tesla look mean!

Graham said the issue with wrapping under the surfaces is that it allows rain to enter and blow up the PPF at the corner. I just rely on him as an expert to do the best job he can for me. I will only know how he has done in a few years’ (hopefully 9!) time.
I was told that If the PPF is applied properly, rain shouldn't enter, even where there is a small cut out at the corner. So I let them wrap it under. That said, the installer did note that the panel edge finish on Teslas is cr@p and that he had struggled in a couple of places.

One of these places (rear left door, bottom front corner) is showing small signs of lifting, but only about a centimetre of the inside wrapped under section. The installer is going to keep and eye on it and then cut that door back to a flush fit if needed. My take is that if you can get the wrapped under fitting, then probably worth it, particularly the main wear sections. But seems that the detail/wrapping guys all say something a bit different....