Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change driver profile remotely before getting in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way to remotely change the driver profile before getting in the car?

For example, if I drive the car today, and my wife is driving the car tomorrow, it would be nice to be able to remotely change the driver profile to hers (including smart preconditioning settings, seat settings, etc) before she gets in. Problem with me doing it when I get out of the car is her seat position makes it very awkward for me to get out of the car (and sometimes I forget :tongue:).

Thanks!

No automation in the current design for this. My suggestion until Tesla perhaps one day ties FOBs to Profiles, is each driver just needs to get in the habit of setting their profile as they get in (and optionally use an EXIT profile before you exit to move the seat and steering wheel back into a neutral position for all involved.)

This works for us. My wife is significantly shorter than me so it's more important that she remember to choose Exit before exiting the vehicle, but we both try to do so.
I don't have such problem, but curious at why set-up an Exit profile, why not simply select your profile why she exits? With the Exit profile, don't you have to then hit your profile to get the proper seat and wheel setting after you get in? Isn't that double work for the seat and wheel motors?

I don't have such problem, but curious at why set-up an Exit profile, why not simply select your profile why she exits? With the Exit profile, don't you have to then hit your profile to get the proper seat and wheel setting after you get in? Isn't that double work for the seat and wheel motors?
Issue for me is, like with standard "easy entry/exit systems" on other luxury vehicles I've owned for years, is, it's a lot easier to get in and out of my MS when the seat is back a little further, and the steering wheel is pulled in towards the dash and up... My rear doesn't hit the seat bolster as much, reducing wear, and without having an entry/exit handle like many other vehicles provide as standard, it just makes it a whole lot easier for my beginning-to-age body to get in and out of the relatively low seat. While I don't like having to do the extra two taps every time I get in and out, I use this "exit profile workaround" to just make my life a little easier until Elon prioritizes the software updates needed to do what other mfgrs provide. ...and since I have an extended warranty prepaid on my MS, the worst there will be is a $200 charge if something goes wrong with the moving seat or steering wheel in years 5-8 to put it back into operational shape. ;)