Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change to SR+ Price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very excited Model 3 customers!

Not done their homework then ...

I'll save them hours of forum reading / research.
  1. You'll love the car
  2. You'll hate the COMMs and Backoffice
  • Prices and available features / models will jump up and down. That's how it is.
  • Want to check on a referral award? Referrals support runs a SIX WEEK backlog - I kid you not. That is the length of time it will take to get a reply.
If #2 is going to bother you (e.g. being without your car for months, worse cast, whilst waiting for some minor part) then buy something else.

Tesla Owner Rule #1 : Don't bend it ...​

I had a faulty headlight that kept the car in Service for about a month

Last time car went in for service the boot catch was intermittently not "grabbing" the boot (lean on it and it would then latch OK, so not a significant problem). That took 10 days to get the part ...

Tesla has sent a text message. Now you can all relax and stop calling the sales team!

IMG_0223.jpeg

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Fair enough, I see your point but they will say that they reserve the right to adjust the pricing and will no way honour a £3500 discount as well as they grant as it was a technical issue.
Yes, as I said way up thread (post 8). They don't have to honour the incorrect pricing I was shown under the invitation to treat laws. Just frustrating for me. At least mine seems to be a rare case and for those whose final price to be paid will not change they have now sent out a text clarifying yesterday's amended order agreement emails.

• Informative
Reactions: Rooster6655
Everyone getting excited at Tesla sending a text to confirm that their M3 is actually the same price they expected it to be anyway and confirming the conclusion that most of us had already reached yesterday on receipt of the revised order agreement. What fun it is in the Tesla waiting room, I wonder what their next trick will be :D

Honourable mention to @fakoriginal who’s an exception to this based on his (or her) unfortunate experience on the pricing front.

Arghh - why do Tesla just create problems for themselves? If they'd just texted people in advance, or included the latest information with the original email then they would have solved their customers a whole lot of concern and themselves lots of unnecessary phonecalls!

Arghh - why do Tesla just create problems for themselves? If they'd just texted people in advance, or included the latest information with the original email then they would have solved their customers a whole lot of concern and themselves lots of unnecessary phonecalls!

Clearly they didn't know it was going to be a problem. I think the fact that they have now texted everyone some/many? people, in reaction to people being confused, is pretty impressive.

Seems hard to please all of the people all of the time ...

Last edited:
Where I am concerned is that my new invoice received today now amount to £65,300 (excluding grant)!!!And when I quote the exact same car on the tesla website today I get £58,940 (including grant but with a 900gbp more expensive FSD)....
Looks like there is a serious problem or tesla has decided to overcharge loyal 3yr waiting customer by 3.5k vs. new orders????

Has anything changed with this? If I cancel and order again it appears to be less expensive