Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Model X confirmed order to a Model S order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if anyone with a confirmed Model X order has inquired about transferring their now non refundable $5000 deposit to a Model S order? With the seemingly slow ramp, my 90D is likely months away and I'm curious if anyone has experience with this situation or has any insight on if tesla would even consider allowing a switch from an X to an S?

All you can do is ask. Since your car will not go into production for a number of months and they get a Model S out of it, I am not sure why they would care. They sort of support the concept with their Model S money back or upgrade guarantee.

The car may have to be equal or greater value but that's just a WAG as is my comments above.

Thanks all for the insight. Well I can confirm that Tesla indeed monitors everything on TMC. I just received a voicemail from a Tesla rep who said he saw my post and wanted to guide me through switching from an X to an S if I chose to do so.
Haven't connected with him yet but I was surprised to see the call directly regarding this thread!

Thanks all for the insight. Well I can confirm that Tesla indeed monitors everything on TMC. I just received a voicemail from a Tesla rep who said he saw my post and wanted to guide me through switching from an X to an S if I chose to do so.
Haven't connected with him yet but I was surprised to see the call directly regarding this thread!
That's super to hear on both fronts. :smile:

Please post when you find out the cost.
I am 50% of my way back to another S rather than the X.