Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing order from P3D+ to Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have an order for a P3D+ and noticed there are some inventory Model S that are $1,000 more. Does my $2,500 transfer to the S or do I technically cancel one order and start a new purchase?

On a related note I would be interested to hear from anyone who has driven/owned both and think this is a terrible mistake :)

You have to cancel one order and start a new purchase. The only warning is that inventory Model S are in... fairly random condition. And you'll have to push to be able to inspect the car before giving Tesla money because they're being jerks about it.

I had to call and the rep sent an email to confirm cancelling the order on the 3. In the reply she instructed that I put a note that the $2,500 be used against the new reservation (had to order the S first to get the reservation number). So now I'll have 5,000 via credit card applied to purchase price which is great for airline miles!

She mentioned once the delivery rep reaches out to me is when I can apply the referral code. Hoping there isn't any issue if they don't reach out until Monday so that I can still get the super charging.