Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing wheel to Induction Wheels looses your price guarantee.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model Y last year before Induction wheels where an option. Tesla said changing to Induction wheels will change my price to current higher pricing.

Anybody had the same problem? I'm from Canada, so it a Canadian thing?

I was able to upgrade from Gemini to Induction wheels for just $1500USD without changing the price of my car or FSD. I have a LR RWD reservation so I had to do it through my delivery advisor. The website updated and everything is the same price. So be sure to contact them and don’t do it online by yourself.

I was able to upgrade from Gemini to Induction wheels for just $1500USD without changing the price of my car or FSD. I have a LR RWD reservation so I had to do it through my delivery advisor. The website updated and everything is the same price. So be sure to contact them and don’t do it online by yourself.
shoot, I have paid 2,000 bucks to upgrade to 20inch :(

Hmmm...I had several tesla rep contacting me. One guy didn't know and the other guy, a operation advisor said can't be done. Delivery guy different from this guy? It's probably a bit messed up with covid and being its a new model, but I'll keep trying. If not, I will buy another brand of rims, so it Tesla loosing my money.

There is at least one more person I know who was lucky like you, but the predominant answer from Tesla for this is that it can't be done. I have LR RWD preorder and Tesla rep told me what you described is not possible...

By the way, how do you have a delivery advisor already for the RWD preorder? It's not even being produced yet as far as I know. Are you expecting delivery soon?

There is at least one more person I know who was lucky like you, but the predominant answer from Tesla for this is that it can't be done. I have LR RWD preorder and Tesla rep told me what you described is not possible...

By the way, how do you have a delivery advisor already for the RWD preorder? It's not even being produced yet as far as I know. Are you expecting delivery soon?

Check out the LR RWD Post on this forum. Lots of people have been able to upgrade to AWD at original $4k price increase. And keep $6k FSD and $1500 induction wheels.

Same for folks like me who are keeping LR RWD but just moving from Gemini to Induction - only $1500 more.

No idea why I was assigned a delivery advisor so early, but I was about 3 month a ago. They have no idea when I’ll get a VIN - speculating later this year or early next year. Like everyone else my Edit button is gone and I filled out all forms.

So yes - you can make changes. Just don’t do it yourself online. And the key is talking to the right person.

Check out the LR RWD Post on this forum. Lots of people have been able to upgrade to AWD at original $4k price increase. And keep $6k FSD and $1500 induction wheels.

Same for folks like me who are keeping LR RWD but just moving from Gemini to Induction - only $1500 more.

No idea why I was assigned a delivery advisor so early, but I was about 3 month a ago. They have no idea when I’ll get a VIN - speculating later this year or early next year. Like everyone else my Edit button is gone and I filled out all forms.

So yes - you can make changes. Just don’t do it yourself online. And the key is talking to the right person.
All through delivery advisors? I don't have one yet, obviously, and I tried to do this via chat and via phone (before Tesla made it so difficult to talk to a real person), all with same results: can't do it... Hmmm...

All through delivery advisors? I don't have one yet, obviously, and I tried to do this via chat and via phone (before Tesla made it so difficult to talk to a real person), all with same results: can't do it... Hmmm...

theres 3 ways I’ve seen people do it:

-Delivery advisor (if assigned)
-Chat
-Local service center or main Fremont Center

I’d try all of them until you succeed